I have tried cleaning the trackball as described in many threads but even as i was cleaning it and it was separated from the device, the cursor kept clicking stuff and scrolling downwards.

any ideas, please, please, please.

Update:

I am upgrading to the latest firmware hoping that it might help!!!
    06-14-09 09:29 PM
    Sometimes little grains of sand, etc can get under the trackball itself. Have you tried powering it off and pushing it in while rolling it in all directions? Also some people have used compressed air to clean underneath...
    06-14-09 09:31 PM
    Also, do a battery pull. Phone on, pull battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery.
    06-14-09 09:33 PM
    Sometimes little grains of sand, etc can get under the trackball itself. Have you tried powering it off and pushing it in while rolling it in all directions? Also some people have used compressed air to clean underneath...
    Also, do a battery pull. Phone on, pull battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery.
    Thanks for the responses.

What is weird is that the scrolling is going on while the trackball itself is not in the phone!!!

Do you think it is still sand?
    06-14-09 09:48 PM
    What is weird is that the scrolling is going on while the trackball itself is not in the phone!!!

Do you think it is still sand?
    I got that from your first post. No I don't think it is sand, or debris. It's just kooky, weird behavior normally cured by a battery pull. Have you tried it?
    06-14-09 09:59 PM
    I used the battery pull software.

However, I just did an actual battery pull and will report results as soon as this thing occurs again (hopefully never).

Thanks a lot
    06-14-09 10:21 PM
    Yep, still scrolling like crazy
    06-14-09 10:21 PM
    If you have a recent backup, including third party backups, you might want to try wiping your BB with JL Commander, then reloading the OS.
    06-14-09 10:26 PM
    06-14-09 10:29 PM
    Thanks. I did that already but still didn't help.

Any other ideas I can try guys?
    06-16-09 02:13 AM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos old, take it in for a warranty exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 02:29 AM
    What if you wipe it but only reinstall the OS (don't restore from a back up)? Does it still do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD