My track ball came off...its long lost, I did order a replacement but until it comes how can I navigate my BB with out it?
    08-02-08 05:50 PM
    That sucks. How did you lose your trackball?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 05:55 PM
    At a concert, took it out of my back pocket and it must have snagged my jeans and off it went into a sea of people. I blame Rod Stewart....still....
    08-02-08 06:00 PM
    hahahaha ..... sorry to hear, but funny though.
    08-02-08 06:18 PM
    How was the concert?

08-02-08 08:30 PM
    Must have been a smashing good time, Rod managed to harm a BB. But as long as no animals were harmed we can't take legal action LOL.

08-02-08 11:34 PM
    i lost mine when i threw it out a car window....

sad day....

you're kinda stuck without it
    08-02-08 11:40 PM
    Does AT&T not do in-house repairs on things like this? I know Sprint will, but have not had any experience in this arena with AT&T yet...
    08-02-08 11:48 PM
    From everything I've read around here it's a pretty simple fix. A new one can be found online. Search the forums for replacement trackballs

08-03-08 01:39 AM
    Just to get back to his original question: is there a way to navigate the cursor without the trackball?
    08-03-08 11:18 AM
    i dont think you can navigate without it theres really nothing that could be used in place of it.
    08-03-08 11:20 AM
    Does AT&T not do in-house repairs on things like this? I know Sprint will, but have not had any experience in this arena with AT&T yet...
    No they dont...
    I did go to the ATT store to see if they could just pop off a ball from a BB someone returned to the store, but they didnt have any. SO I wooed the guy into letting me try to take one off the display( it was just the 2 of us), yet they seem to make the displays better than the actual product...Murphys law lol.
    In the end I just went and ordered one off the net.

Nest question. I know I can SEND txt messages via my gmail, but it there any type of program to receive my text's until my phones alive?
    08-03-08 12:07 PM
    Must have been a smashing good time, Rod managed to harm a BB. But as long as no animals were harmed we can't take legal action LOL.

Haha at the time it happed I screamed some obscenity about suing Rod and droping the F-bomb.... I got stink eye from about 100 hardcore Rod lovers, Im glad to be intact after that stint.
    08-03-08 12:13 PM
    i've never heard of that, losing the trackball. WOW.
    08-03-08 01:26 PM
    try a frozen pea lol
    08-03-08 01:28 PM
    Must be some kind of manufacturing issue with the trackball. My wife is getting a replacement phone due to her trackball sticking. The thing just wouldn't move the right.
    08-03-08 01:29 PM
    I just got me replacement trackball, was a total pain to try and use the BlackBerry's functuons. There are shortcuts you can use from the menu screen like M for Messages and B for browser. By selecting the menu key depending on which app your on will also give you shortcuts. Unfortunately, there is no way to navigate the cursor along all the icons. One thing I did do was go to the keyboard options under options menu and changed the hot keys on each side to applications I used a lot but couldn't get to. Hope this helped a little.

08-03-08 01:38 PM
    Must be some kind of manufacturing issue with the trackball. My wife is getting a replacement phone due to her trackball sticking. The thing just wouldn't move the right.
    Mine stopped moving to the left. I removed it, cleaned it (blew it clean with compressed air) and it started working again.
    08-03-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD