Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default TrackBall Colors

I have a curve and when I pull my track ball out, there is a white cross and the led light appears to be to the left under the button right next to the call button. It looks nothing like the pictures of all the how to's to change the color.

Does anyone else have this problem lol?
    CrackBerry Newbie

you cant change the trackball color on a curve via software, you have to take a colored post-it flag and trim it to fit under the track ball.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

i know but mine doesnt look like the tutorial one my led is to the left
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Ah, you must have the British version.. lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

for real? what else does that mean?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

No not for real. British people drive on the left side of the road.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Well I will try to get a picture later today. It is really wierd, and not the same as everyone elses on here
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    PIN
    It is not for you!

I have the same thing as the OP. My trackball is lit from the side also. And for the record, I tried changing the color with the post it flag method and its not worth wasting your time. It looks like trash. best bet is to buy another trackball. Hit it with some transparent model paint from Tamaya or something, just make sure you use a very light coat and it's completely dry before you use it. If it's tacky or the paint is laid on too think, it'll ruin your BB.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Same thing here with my LED on the left. I ended up coloring tape (like others suggested) and cutting it reaaaallly small, then using tweezers and putting in over the LED on the left. Is it do-able...its just takes a little more patience. Also it didn't last as long because the piece of tape shifted around a fair amount (bc it was so small), so I got annoyed and just removed it. But like I said, u can do it.
    Also, it was no where near as bright/pretty as my boyfriends, who uses a 8310 and had the LED right under the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Default Do It!!

I reccomend colors like blue purple or shades like those they take less work..but for anyone who says its not worth it..well we all know they arent a REAL CB addict..probably a undercover treo user teeheehee..
    ok the way i mod mine (see youtube..search for iron man blackberry curve) i pop it out (doesnt matter what side your led is on) be very carefull not to break the legs on the silver ring that holds the appuratus in place...i reccomend finding some see through colored plastic..ive snipped it from candy wrappers/chip bags/anything i could find that was already the color i want...THEN....re-color it the color of the plastic with a sharpie or colored marker...sharpies are best.. stick it inside and make sure a corner of the plastic covers the LED completely...then put your trackball back in and Alakazzzam!!!!

want to see pictures tell me what color you would like to see
    CrackBerry User

shoulda known...BD15 is a newbie...dont listen to newbies
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by MaysBerry View Post
    I reccomend colors like blue purple or shades like those they take less work..but for anyone who says its not worth it..well we all know they arent a REAL CB addict..probably a undercover treo user teeheehee..
    ok the way i mod mine (see youtube..search for iron man blackberry curve) i pop it out (doesnt matter what side your led is on) be very carefull not to break the legs on the silver ring that holds the appuratus in place...i reccomend finding some see through colored plastic..ive snipped it from candy wrappers/chip bags/anything i could find that was already the color i want...THEN....re-color it the color of the plastic with a sharpie or colored marker...sharpies are best.. stick it inside and make sure a corner of the plastic covers the LED completely...then put your trackball back in and Alakazzzam!!!!

want to see pictures tell me what color you would like to see
    Can you show me a picture? Hmm.. light pink/hot pink, please =)
    lLiIsShHaA xo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Alright thanks guys! Just making sure Im not the only one with a phone like this!