hi. i have sprint, just got the 8330. i had the 8130 before and know that i coudln't change my trackball color. do you know if this is true of my new curve? thanks!
    05-20-09 12:13 PM
    Only the 8100 Pearl has the ability to change trackball color...
    05-20-09 12:14 PM
    the only way to change your trackball color would be to dye it with fabric dye.
    05-20-09 12:19 PM
    Or you can buy colored trackballs from here Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, Alcatel, HTC, Nokia, SonyEricsson, Tools, Acer, BlackBerry, NEC, A they are only a few bucks...
    05-20-09 12:20 PM
    yes you can buy them there, but there are only a few UGLY colors to pick from!
    05-20-09 12:21 PM
    yes you can buy them there, but there are only a few UGLY colors to pick from!

What if you like fugly colors though?, I mean come on Amber! hahaha...
    05-20-09 12:23 PM
    Well then I guess that is just something that person likes, can't do much about that! I know I personally do not like fugly colors! icky!
    05-20-09 12:24 PM
    Search on youtube. I found some videos but can't post links yet
    05-20-09 12:25 PM
    thanks everyone for your relpies. i know i went to a concert and saw someone with a tmobile pearl and they were able to purchase an application that did it? i know i attempted to purchase it for my phone, but it didn't work with sprint. i figured i wouldn't be able to just buy an app for it. thanks!
    05-20-09 12:32 PM
    that application wont work on any curve for the simple fact of where the light is place behind out trackball. good luck finding a colored one, they are very easy to pop in and out of your bb.
    05-20-09 12:33 PM
    You can buy new trackballs from this seller: eBay Seller: giantpurpledog: 8330, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com
    From reading the threads on Crackberry it seems this seller uses OEM trackballs so they are better than the other popular vendors.

You should be able to find a color you like...
    05-20-09 12:41 PM
    You can buy new trackballs from this seller: eBay Seller: giantpurpledog: 8330, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com
    From reading the threads on Crackberry it seems this seller uses OEM trackballs so they are better than the other popular vendors.

You should be able to find a color you like...
    $13 for a colored trackball? Not only that, but the small rings around the TB are white... IMO, the colored balls look a lot better when the rings are colored or black, not white.

Plus you can do it yourself for around $8. Less than $5 for a trackball from ebay seller mobilexny (shipped first class), and $3 for the RIT dye.

bcrtj457, check out this thread for dyed trackballs. There is a link to a thread in the first post on the actual dyeing process.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/dye...allery-144460/
    05-20-09 01:08 PM
    I was thinking of having an engineer at work replace the LED with a blue one, the only thing being is I am not sure how well that will work with the sensors that govern the movement.

If I try it I'll let everyone know how it works.
    05-20-09 01:36 PM
    I was thinking of having an engineer at work replace the LED with a blue one, the only thing being is I am not sure how well that will work with the sensors that govern the movement.

It would be far easier to just buy a blue trackball, or dye a trackball blue than to void your warranty, and or possibly ruin your BB by changing the LED. Another option is to take a small piece of blue cellophane and tape it over the LED, or others actually color the LED with a blue sharpie.
    05-20-09 01:44 PM

If he can desolder and then solder in a micro LED then there should be no reason why it wouldn't work, just make sure to get the correct volt LED. I some background in electronics myself back when you could replace objects on the boards and fix them unlike today and considered this myself but I'll probably pass lol.
    05-20-09 02:37 PM
    I have a used 8320 that I am thinking of using for spare parts now if I cannot get it working 100%. So I'll just hack that one up and see what I can do, the perfect test bed!
    05-20-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD