I was cleaning my trackball obviously the wrong way.. it fell can't find it.. so it's been over a week.. I have to order it online. (moneys a little tight)

I'm afraid from looking at other threads that by the time I get the new trackball it won't work?

is there a possibility of exposing that area for to long that the circuits may not work?

I have insurance on the phone.. not sure if god forbid the new trackball doesn't work.. would they cover it? I got the phone brand new through a friend and unlocked it (it's an AT&T Curve) I got a prepayed no contract plan with Tmobile but I have payed to have Ins. on it.

I'm not to familiar with plans, etc..

Everytime I call a store they give me the run around..
    10-16-08 10:05 AM
    Try taking it back to the store and tell them it 'just fell out'. It happens - but not often and.....Smile.

It is not unknown that stores have broken phones lying around. Canibalisation.

Your insurance should cover the trackball falling out.

There will be no damage to the circuits provided that 'stuff' does not get down the hole. Stuff includes any form of food or drink (yes, even non-alcholic), hair, water, crud, in fact anything.

New trackballs can be obtained from ebay or Cellular Accessories - Motorola, Samsung, SonyEricsson, Alcatel, Nokia, Microsoft, LG, Apple, Accessori who are pretty cheap.

Have a look at the 101 Lecture link in my signature as there is an article there about trackballs.
    10-16-08 11:43 AM
    You Are The Sh*t!!!! Thank You!! :d
    10-16-08 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD