I was at a concert the other night. I was trying to type a mms message and the phone would just send the message fragment in the middle of typing for some reason. Now the trackball doesn't work easy as a button. I have to press upwards and really hard to get it to work. Any ideas? I'd had to exchange my BB for a refurb unit under warranty if I don't have to.
    02-03-09 08:30 PM
    Have you tried taking it out and cleaning it? Might need to buy a new trackball.
    02-03-09 08:33 PM
    Start with some basics here. did you try and do a battery pull? (pull the battery while the phone is powered on)

also, try to take out the trackball and clean it, instructions can be found here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

also, try and press hard while the phone is locked, and roll the trackball while pushing downward, usually between these 3 methods you can get it working again!!!

Let us know!
    02-03-09 08:34 PM
    I had the same problem. Replacing the trackball didn't work for me, I had to get a replacement phone. You might try starting with cleaning or replacing the trackball though, maybe you'll have better luck.
    02-03-09 08:35 PM
    I tried pulling the battery with the unit on. I cleaned the trackball per the instructions. I tried depressing and rolling the ball as well. It clicks very easily. But to get it to recognize the pressing, you have to press really hard.

Darn it. Can i get a trackball easily somewhere? Any other ideas?
    02-03-09 09:30 PM
    It's probably not the trackball mechanism but the switch below the trackball, the one that senses the click that is defective. Changing the trackball will not help.
    02-03-09 09:32 PM
    I bought a new trackball + metal ring for less than $5 on ebay, free shipping also. You might give that a try, if all else fails, you end up with a referb and a new trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 10:18 PM
    I bought a new trackball + metal ring for less than $5 on ebay, free shipping also. You might give that a try, if all else fails, you end up with a referb and a new trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    eBay seller mobilexny, $4.85 including free first class shipping. The ring is chrome finish on plastic, not metal.
    02-03-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD