Hello,
    I have a BB Curve and I had it in my bag and when I got it out the trackball was not there, I being fidgeting with a pen to move the cursor for a couple days until it finally it stopped working, now everything works but I cant read my text messages, the replacement trackball is on the way, im not sure it will fix the problem but bottom line i Need to read my txt msgs, I called tmobile and they told me to try the key 7 to move the cursor but it doesnt work, is there a way to move the cursor or access the txt messages by using the keys like the tab key on your computer?? please help I need to read my txts for work.

Thanks
    01-03-09 04:58 PM
    Doubtful, why not go into a cell store, tmo, verizon etc and see if they have any *laying around* from returns etc, you can also order them but I know that doesnt help you immediately.
    01-03-09 05:03 PM
    thanks for the help.
    I found something that might help, credit to jsanders, I still have to try it but it seems like there is light at the end of the tunnel

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/trac...without-19446/

CrackBerry Genius
    Device Model: 8310
    PIN: t low

If you have Dial from homescreen turned off on your BB, you can use shortcuts.

This is complicated, but if you follow the instructions EXACTLY as posted below, you can do all this withOUT a trackball.

Get there by pressing the green dial key.

Press Menu, press O for Options, press the ENTER key, Press the ENTER key again to open General Options.

Now, you should see halfway down the screen "Dial from Homescreen". Press ENTER until you get highlighted OVER the NO. Don't Pass it. When highlighted over the YES, press ALT and the NO will appear, press the N to highlight NO and ENTER again.

Press the back escape key (right of trackball) and SAVE should be highlighted, if not press the S for Save, and let it save.

Now you are ready for Homescreen shortcuts, where from the Homescreen, you can press M for messages, L for calendar, etc.,

Home Screen Shortcuts - BlackBerryFAQ.com

You will also want to use shortcuts with the message list, since you can't scroll up and down, some of those are listed here:
    Tips and Tricks - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    01-03-09 06:29 PM
    Go into messages and hit U that will open the next unopened message.I went without my trackball for a week one time so I know ur pain!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:35 PM
    Why did you bother using a pen instead of ordering a new trackball??? Don't risk damaging a blackberry like that! You could always bite the bullet and order one on ebay with faster shipping for like $20.
    01-03-09 06:41 PM
    If you have the magnetic pouch use that for now and everytime you get a message just take it out of the pouch and it will pop out. Reply to the message hitting "R" and them option and it should highlight enter, and just hit the enter button
    01-03-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD