I was in class and as usual i place my fone on my lap, when all of a sudden my curve slides right off my jeans and ends up falling in a way that the whole track ball mechanism disassembles all over the floor. So i decided to somehow put it back together but now when i scroll right it goes down, and when i scrool left it goes up, if i scroll up it goes right, and if i scroll down it goes left, and the circular plastic cover doesnt properly clip in now. real annoying stuff, so i decided to do an overhaul given the normal wear and tear a fone gets after sometime. I went on cnn.cn and got me a black keayboard with the trackball on it, and a black front lens, should be receiving it soon. So i had a couple of questions.
    1) Will a normal hardware store carry these tools.
    2) If you've had to do it, was it difficult?
    3) Any recomendations on type of paint to use for face plate and back cover??
    12-06-08 02:42 AM
    1) Will a normal hardware store carry these tools.
    Lowes / Home Depot has the sizes required.
    They come in a set of six Torx tips. A small screwdriver like handle that stores all six inside. IIRC I paid $9.00 for the set.
    12-06-08 05:31 AM
    #1: As mentioned by Eight_bit, Lowe's carries the Torx screwdriver set that includes T4 to T11 bits for 5.99

#2: The first time is always the hardest. After you take it apart so many times, it gets easier. Take a look at this video to guide you through disassembly: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...y-guide-54485/

#3: It is best to use to use paint specifically for plastic! Look for Krylon Fusion paint in your local hardware store. From what I've read on here, this is the best paint to use. When I did mine, I used automotive paint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 06:05 AM
    So i decided to somehow put it back together but now when i scroll right it goes down, and when i scrool left it goes up, if i scroll up it goes right, and if i scroll down it goes left, and the circular plastic cover doesnt properly clip in now.
    Sounds to me you didn't reinstall it correctly. it seems like the whole trackball assembly needs to be rotated clockwise 90 degrees.
    12-06-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD