Hey guys I have a 8330 Curve and I HATE the trackball! some friends of mine have the Tour and I really like that trackball better. It feels more precise. I have also had some trouble with mine kinda jamming and not wanting to scroll up. Now I have read on here that some people have had problems with Tour trackballs and the solution and hot setup is to use a Curve trackball in the Tour.

My question is this -can I buy a Tour trackball and put it in my curve? I know that a lot of guys will think I am crazy for this, but i really prefer the action of the Tour trackball. I guess if I can not use the tour in it, I could buy an aftermarket Curve tb and maybe it will be better??? Also, where would you recommend I buy it if it will work??? thanks for the info!
    10-02-09 04:11 PM
    from what I hear, the Tour trackball is smaller, but I could be wrong. If it is, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to swap out hte Curve tb with it, it would just fall out and/or not scroll properly.
    10-02-09 04:33 PM
    People have had good success with the G1 trackball found here

Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,

I order from them alot, hong kong based, but they have a good rep around here,
    10-02-09 04:35 PM
    The one rachel pointed out is really good. More grip-ier and jams a lot less from personal experiences with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 04:40 PM
    They have a G1 on ebay for $3.99 with free shipping. think it is the same thing?
    10-02-09 04:41 PM
    i would have posted a link but i'm a newb so they don't let me post links
    10-02-09 04:44 PM
    They have a G1 on ebay for $3.99 with free shipping. think it is the same thing?
    You can try it out. There's some risks involved when buying a pretty cheap trackbal with the little magnet rollers not being that responsive.

10-02-09 04:45 PM
    thanks for checking back to this thread! will the one for a curve 8900 work? i am looking for them for the curve and i dont see it reading 8300 curve, just this:
    "OEM Blackberry Curve 8900 / Google G1 Trackball Black" -this one is $7.99 shipped and claims to be OEM.

say that it will work and i am clicking buy it now!

i'm pretty excited to get it because the stock one absolutely SUXXXX!
    10-02-09 04:55 PM
    The 8900 trackball is the exact same trackball ball the tour uses and yes it will work for your curve

10-02-09 04:59 PM
    Mine is OK, but can't wait to get the Tour, 3 more months!
    10-03-09 01:14 AM
    Hey guys I have a 8330 Curve and I HATE the trackball! some friends of mine have the Tour and I really like that trackball better. It feels more precise. I have also had some trouble with mine kinda jamming and not wanting to scroll up. Now I have read on here that some people have had problems with Tour trackballs and the solution and hot setup is to use a Curve trackball in the Tour.

My question is this -can I buy a Tour trackball and put it in my curve? I know that a lot of guys will think I am crazy for this, but i really prefer the action of the Tour trackball. I guess if I can not use the tour in it, I could buy an aftermarket Curve tb and maybe it will be better??? Also, where would you recommend I buy it if it will work??? thanks for the info!
    I'm using the tour trackball and it works fine! Ordered from cnn.cn took four days to get here!!!!!!! I think it looks okay.......

10-03-09 07:46 AM
    i got mine off of ebay. they said it is the "OEM blackberry tour G1 google trackball" in the description. i wanted to make sure to use the oem model for reliability. it was only $8.99 shipped. i ordered if from a seller in california on friday afternoon and i received it in NJ on monday! took me about 60 seconds to install after watching a how-to on youtube. i had already had the old one out so i knew what i was doing, but i wanted to make sure i had it set in there properly so i watched the video. this is the second best thing i did for the phone, behind buying the charging pod!!!!! that was only $5 on ebay. now instead of searching for the cord in the dark and trying to find the provision on the phone etc, i just drop it in the pod (which is illuminated with a blackberry symbol) on my nightstand before bed!

thanks for the insight guys.
    10-05-09 11:12 AM
    i got mine off of ebay. they said it is the "OEM blackberry tour G1 google trackball" in the description. i wanted to make sure to use the oem model for reliability. it was only $8.99 shipped. i ordered if from a seller in california on friday afternoon and i received it in NJ on monday! took me about 60 seconds to install after watching a how-to on youtube. i had already had the old one out so i knew what i was doing, but i wanted to make sure i had it set in there properly so i watched the video. this is the second best thing i did for the phone, behind buying the charging pod!!!!! that was only $5 on ebay. now instead of searching for the cord in the dark and trying to find the provision on the phone etc, i just drop it in the pod (which is illuminated with a blackberry symbol) on my nightstand before bed!

thanks for the insight guys.

Link to who you bought the pod off of? I've been looking for one cheap forever.
    10-05-09 12:07 PM
    trackball seller: silicon_electronic $7.99 with free shipping
    pod charging cradle: zenithmobile_us $8.99 with free shipping

these are the two best things i can imagine for this phone! i will definitely post my mods as i go. i just put pandora on my phone and a free camera flash/video light app on too! LOVE this phone!!!
    10-05-09 12:58 PM
    link? sorry i dont know if its the right one and i cant post a link..
    Last edited by Ksilbaugh; 10-05-09 at 01:23 PM.
    10-05-09 01:10 PM
    i can't post links yet because i am a newb -not enough posts yet
    10-05-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD