I bought my 8330 curve two weeks ago. The first day it took me 5 hours to figure out how to change the ringer. And since then I've figured out a few things without being a complete stranger to the phone. Like IMing on AOL and Yahoo.. setting up an email account.. getting on the extremely slow net that wasnt to different from my previous non-smartphone.

However, I can't figure anything out regarding picture mail, sms tones, and why my bluetooth will not work.

1)How do I change the tone for receiving a text? The default chime, blows.

2)The phone takes great pictures considering the phone I had before (fusic) but how do I send a picture mail to another sprint customer or any other provider?? that doesn't have a blackberry? Because from what I read Sprint doesn't do the MMS (whatever that is???)

3)I try to sync with my fiances instinct and I'll put in the passcode and his phone gives him the message of "kami is not ready to sync"

As you can see I'm a total newbie and if I can't send picture mail, get a different msg tone, or get the bluetooth to work (which is what I love to do) I believe the phone is not for me.. but I'm trying SO hard to make it for me by asking
    08-25-08 10:58 PM
    Well sprint does not have MMS for BB, which mean you can't send a pic to anyone in a text. You can send it in an email. So if your fiance has an instinct with email access you can email him a pic and he can get it through his email. Sprint does have picture mail but I guess you can consider it one way bcuz you can receive pics that someone's sends you as a text, well it will be a link to the pic and it will open in your browser.

For changing your text or SMS tone. Go to profiles, highlight the one you want to edit, for example Loud, hit edit, scroll to SMS and choose your in holster and put of holster tones. In holster is basically when u put it inside the leather sleeve that came with it or when its in standby, and put of holster is just without anything on it.

I'm trying to learn about syncing myself so I can't answer that but I hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 11:24 PM
    well, thank you for telling me how to change the message tone.. I figured out how to change so many other tones. At first I didn't know what the profile was... But soon realized I'd seen it before as the loudness.

I wonder if sprint will ever decide to upgrade the OS to include picture mail...

as for the bluetooth, if anyone knows whats up???
    08-25-08 11:36 PM
    Sprint's SMS problem I don't think is so much an OS issue...it's a service issue...They just don't offer it...

08-26-08 12:10 AM
    i work for sprint and as far as I know we will never offer MMS on blackberry's
    08-26-08 12:16 AM
    I have a BB Pearl an i dont know if its the same but to change the ring tone go to the app thats called profiles "Its a pic of a speaker" click it and go down to advanced click it an pick the profile you wanna change the ringtone under an you can change SMS MMS Email or any of them.
    08-26-08 12:25 AM
    Roxy crushing hopes lol. Its not that bad, I just email it pix to people by their#@theircarrier.net\com/whateva lol.

08-26-08 12:28 AM
    I just wanted to add, if your having slow internet speeds u may wanna contact sprint b/c you internet should be fast

08-26-08 12:43 AM
    i work for sprint and as far as I know we will never offer MMS on blackberry's
    Just out of curiosity, WHY not?
    08-26-08 03:18 AM
    Yeah I don't see the MMS as a problem like most do. Personally I don't have the need to e-mail pics to other people's phones. However e-mailing pics would be nice and knowing I can do that is good enough.
    08-26-08 05:44 AM
    Welcome... a great place to learn about BB's is the Blackberry 101 lecture series... click on the link in my signature block below.
    08-26-08 06:33 AM
    BOO!!! That is so ******** that they wouldnt offer MMS as a service, especially if the phone has it as an option.. at least you can send PIN messages... even though I'm the only one I know that has a blackberry for personal use. ha..

What a loss of hope for that is.....

and thanx for the advice on sending emails. Never thought of the persons #@provider.net lol but how are they going to get the emails? just curious??
    08-26-08 07:57 AM
    Depends on what kind of phone you are sending it to and their software they are using to receive it just like BB's do.

08-26-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD