whats a better service provider... i have had my tmobile (curve) for less than a month and while voice calls are ok, the browsing, emailing, and instant messaging is horrible. I always have call in to tmobile and they tell me the same thing that u have to wipe everything and we will send u the service books to fix the problem..... I am wondering if the same problems happen when using att. and if att is a better service is it possible to use the tmobile curve (8320) with att? ........ sorry if this sounds stupid but i am very new to this ... thnx
    01-23-08 10:07 AM
    You don't say what version of browsing you have, ie wap or Edge/GPRS. Also. Are you on BIS or BES? Personally, I think TMobile's pricing can't be beat, and with a UMA Curve, coverage is great. You can even browse using a Starbucks hotspot. TMobile charges $9.99 per month for unlimited email or $19.99 for email and browsing. ATT costs $49.95 per month for the same thing (according to a friend on ATT... Might be cheaper now). My Curve works very well, though I don't use the instant messaging very much. In fact, I was thinking of removing the clients to save space. Give TMobile a bit more time, you will learn to love them!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-08 11:13 AM
    With AT&T the phone works pretty good but keep in mind that the rates are gonna be different of course. You can use your 8320 but you have to have it unlocked, and you won't have Wi-Fi access.
    01-23-08 11:31 AM
    Yeah T-mobles prices are cheaper, but you're paying that for crappy service. AT&T has no desire to compete for pricing because the service makes the difference.
    01-23-08 12:31 PM
    This is a subjective topic. And each and every person is going to have their own opinion. I don't think there is a definitive answer as to who is better. It's a matter of preference. I'm in the Detroit area, and can't say I've had any trouble with TMO.

And to be honest, it sounds like there is something else that is the problem here. If they are always having to resend your service books then its most likely a problem with the phone, or a problem with the way you are operating the phone.
    01-23-08 12:41 PM
    have you got the latest OS
    01-23-08 12:53 PM
    whats a better service provider... i have had my tmobile (curve) for less than a month and while voice calls are ok, the browsing, emailing, and instant messaging is horrible. I always have call in to tmobile and they tell me the same thing that u have to wipe everything and we will send u the service books to fix the problem..... I am wondering if the same problems happen when using att. and if att is a better service is it possible to use the tmobile curve (8320) with att? ........ sorry if this sounds stupid but i am very new to this ... thnx
    i have never had this problem with my phone at all great coverage.....even in iraq(dont ask) and how come all the other providers hav txt messaging to that povider...mybuddy got pinged with a 45 dollar bill cause of us texting and me nothing
    01-23-08 01:48 PM
    You don't say what version of browsing you have, ie wap or Edge/GPRS. Also. Are you on BIS or BES? Personally, I think TMobile's pricing can't be beat, and with a UMA Curve, coverage is great. You can even browse using a Starbucks hotspot. TMobile charges $9.99 per month for unlimited email or $19.99 for email and browsing. ATT costs $49.95 per month for the same thing (according to a friend on ATT... Might be cheaper now). My Curve works very well, though I don't use the instant messaging very much. In fact, I was thinking of removing the clients to save space. Give TMobile a bit more time, you will learn to love them!
    I am using EDGE, and my plan includes the unlimited emailing and browsing (19.99). dont get me wrong its a great price just fustrating when its not working, and i keep having to reset my BB.

have you got the latest OS
    I have the latest one provided on the Tmobile site. (v 4.2.2.180)

And to be honest, it sounds like there is something else that is the problem here. If they are always having to resend your service books then its most likely a problem with the phone, or a problem with the way you are operating the phone.
    I was thinking the same thing but the trouble shooting that they send me through is always the same thing reset ur phone reintsall os and get service books... has anyone else encountered these problems if so what have you done, because I am leaning toward moving to AT&T
    01-23-08 03:02 PM
    My fiance used tmobile for years and loved them, customer service is top notch. I've only ever known 2 at&t customers and they love the cust service but not phone service. All depends on where you're using it though. I'd say swap out your device cause tmob is good to go.

01-23-08 03:56 PM
    I have tmobile and it is cheap! You never can get service if you are building like walmart or the basement of many building. I day go with att, yes you will pay more but you will be able to make calls!
    01-23-08 05:36 PM
    I have AT&T and in my area, it all depends o where I'm at. at home, I'm lucky to see 2 bars. go across the street, and it's full. Still can access EDGE, but it's a little slow. (I pay $29.99 for unlimited data) And I've never had a bad customer service experience. Everything's relative... pros and cons to all providers.
    01-23-08 06:21 PM
    I've been with AT&T/Cingular since they were BellSouth down here in Florida (going on 8 years). Never had a problem with them yet. I got my first BB back in October and am totally loving it. I have the BB plan that gives you unlimited email & data plus unlimited SMS/MMS. I text like a fiend so it comes in handy.
    01-23-08 08:21 PM
    If AT&T let's you try out their service, then activate a Curve, try it for a few days and keep the one the you like the best and that has the best service. You can get all the opinions you want, but really matters is your experience and the signal that YOU get in YOUR part of the country/state/city. Good luck, let us know your decision!
    01-23-08 08:30 PM
    I have a new 8310 locked to at&t and wish I had the T-mobile.

As for service, It depends where you are. My mom had T-mo and she lived in a dead spot.

They finally let her go.

Looking for a t-mo curve to trade/buy.

ap
    01-23-08 09:01 PM
    I would love to have the price plans of TMobile with the coverage of ATT. Maybe TMATT? Just a thought. I was able to lower my cost of BB service by using the Tmobile price plans as a barometer with ATT customer service. Although its not as cheap as Tmobile its better then it was.

Where I am located ATT coverage is so much better that I currently have to keep them as my provider.

The on-going joke with some of my friends who have Tmobile is "How much are you paying?" and I tell them "Call me when you get a signal and I will let you know"
    01-24-08 12:57 AM
    The on-going joke with some of my friends who have Tmobile is "How much are you paying?" and I tell them "Call me when you get a signal and I will let you know"
    This is so dead on, it cracked me up !!
    01-24-08 01:26 AM
    new to the site but I found no major issues with either one. Wife has T-Mob and I have AT&T. When I got my unit it had the same dead spots my other phones did. She never complains but says her downloads are slower but her BB is a year older than mine.
    01-24-08 09:32 AM
    Thanks for all the input i have decided to stick it out with tmobile, 1 cuz im cheap and 2 cuz the customer service is great.
    01-28-08 02:46 PM
    Where are you guys having all these dead spots with T-Mobile? I would really like to know out of curiosity. I have had them since 1998 (Seriously. I swear...since they were Omnipoint), and although their service used to be spotty, I haven't had a problem with their service in a good 6-7 years. I have traveled all over the country and the world with my phones (can't wait to travel with my Curve!!) and have dropped signals very rarely (the only place I don't have great signal is in the office I work in, and that's only because there are NO cell phone towers in that area...once I drive out of the parking lot it's back.....)

I swear, I don't work for them, but it's really offputting to hear such crap said about them when I have never had a problem with them at all.
    02-03-08 07:05 PM
    I've had at&t (or whatever name they were using at the time) for years. Most of the time I have good phone service. And I have always had good customer service. I think it really depends on what area of the country you are in.
    02-03-08 07:17 PM
    Its your phone.I live in a non tmo coverage area,but I have the hot spot at home.got full service with my 8320. Had the same problem as u at first,they sent me a new curve,its fine.I had att for 2 days.one bar.and there tech support honestly aint so good.and tmobile is worth the money.have them send u a new phone.

02-03-08 07:27 PM
    Also tmobile still has very little if any coverage in upstate new york. And edge is slow. I miss my evdo rev a

02-03-08 07:30 PM
    Where are you guys having all these dead spots with T-Mobile?
    My husband has T-Mobile for his work phone, and it's not uncommon for him to have to use his personal AT&T phone in many places because there's no coverage. He travels all over CT for work. I guess T-Mobile coverage tends to be really bad for him inside of buildings, but he still hits a great many dead areas while going from job to job.

BTW, he's noticed even better AT&T coverage than usual since getting his Pearl. Spots he had trouble with on his old Nokia are no longer a problem.
    02-03-08 09:39 PM
    had att for 2 yrs n I'm never goin back. They charge us for little things that they shouldve had like transferring phonebook numbers via IR.

02-03-08 10:34 PM
    I have T-Mobile and love them, mind you I work for them too but that doesn't affect my choice. In my honest opinion a lot of the PDA reps I have talked to don't know how to do anything and only do very basic troubleshooting before sending to tier 3 (where I am) in my apartment I have decent signal (usually 2-3 bars) but every where else its great for me. Rates are great, customer service for the most part is great I've never personally had to talk to anything higher than customer service though. If you're BB is having so many issues try to get them to exchange it for you, something may be seriously wrong with it.

02-04-08 03:07 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD