do all tmobile curves do the hotspot at home calling???

haggling to get one now and an external gps for it since thats the only thing i am missing (gps) if i got an att curve. the tmobile prices are much more reasonable. *LOL*

-adam
    10-29-08 10:27 AM
    If you wanna pay the extra fee a month
    10-29-08 10:29 AM
    do all tmobile curves do the hotspot at home calling???

haggling to get one now and an external gps for it since thats the only thing i am missing (gps) if i got an att curve. the tmobile prices are much more reasonable. *LOL*

-adam
    Yes, they do... and there is a fee associated with it.

I think...
    Yes. That being said u need to add the h@h service to ur plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What the others have not mentioned is that you will always be able to use UMA calling whether you have a H@H plan or not. With no plan you use minutes as normal, with a plan you get unlimited minutes for calls initiates from UMA.
    10-29-08 10:34 AM
    For Hotspot @ Home you need TMO's router. For $10 a month you get unlimited calling with your Curve.

Your Curve, you can use wifi and UMA to make calls. Minute usage and charges still apply.

If you have sufficient or unlimited minutes, why pay an extra $10 month + the cost of the router?
    10-29-08 10:38 AM
    actually the t-mobile 8300 didn't have wifi....
    10-29-08 10:58 AM
    For Hotspot @ Home you need TMO's router. For $10 a month you get unlimited calling with your Curve.

Your Curve, you can use wifi and UMA to make calls. Minute usage and charges still apply.

If you have sufficient or unlimited minutes, why pay an extra $10 month + the cost of the router?
    True with the HotSpot@Home Calling you do need their router because it replaces your land line with a SIM card in the router, which then allows you to use any landline phone, plugged into the router as you new home phone. And you can use any WiFi cellphone on the service as well, but like WNM says, you are using your mins to use the Wifi.

With Unlimited Hot Spot Calling (another service, also for $10) you don't need their router, and you don't use your plan minutes while on UMA voice calls, as long as you can log into password protected wireless routers, no need to log into any OPEN wireless router of course.
    10-29-08 12:26 PM
    The TMobile 8320 Curve has UMA functionality... meaning you can make calls over a WiFi connection, just as you would over EDGE. If you choose to add the H@H addon, then the UMA calls become free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 12:37 PM
    Do a search on T Mobile and UMA. I had to give up my T-Mo Curve because I could not get the UMA to work w/ my router. Went through a couple of weeks of putting up with service people who couldn't help me and they finally allowed me out of my contract. It was not happy. Sprint bites, but, at least now I can make phone calls at my house. The only reason I cared about the WiFi was for phone calls at home and I wasn't about to buy their router and pay $10 more a month. For $20 more I have unlimited everything and GPS.
    10-29-08 02:08 PM
    o.k. interesting. the plan i was looking at was hotspot at home and my faves so that wont be a biggies. would be my first blackberry to replace my iphone which will be relegated to ONLY wifi use since att is KILLING unlimited data on prepay plans just have to get the external gps to go with it now.
    10-29-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD