hi,
    just bought my son an unlocked 8320 Curve without a data plan for use on t-mobile. he lives on a university campus and is covered by wifi everywhere. i know it's possible to get internet access via wifi without paying the excessive fees for a data plan, but i guess i don't have the settings right. anyone have any ideas? i bought it unlocked, delivered from a store in NY. it's a vodaphone, which i'm pretty sure is a european service, but we're in nashville.
    appreciate any help, and happy holidays to all,
    george
    12-26-09 09:14 PM
    sure, just make sure he understands how to configure the service.
    12-27-09 12:29 PM
    yea he will be good to go if his school has wifi. on the phone itself he will need to go to the browser, press the blackberry key, select options, general properties and change the default browser on the phone itself. it should have any issues.
    12-27-09 12:34 PM
    hhmmm, thought about it, im not sure you have to change the browser seeing how its a vadofone phone. again though he shouldnt have issues using wifi
    12-27-09 12:35 PM
    We have just the information you are looking for:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Once he has a good Wifi connection, he can use the Hotspot Browser to access Internet services like web based email.

Google's Gmail works great.

There will be restriction, most third party software will not work without the data plan.
    12-27-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD