I got my BB from Craigslist and I just noticed that my keyboard backlight for all the keys is white except for the number 0 which is blue. Is this normal? I'm wondering coz I just saw some pix of the same phone online and all their keys are lit up in blue. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-08 12:18 AM
    I do not believe it's normal. My keys are all the same color. I have the titanium color Curve... my keys are light gray with white light background... but all the same.
    03-18-08 01:13 AM
    Thanks for the reply. That doesnt sound comforting.

Here's a link to an image of my keyboard:

ImageShack - Hosting :: curvehm1.jpg

Notice how the number 0 is a different color (bluish) than the rest of the keys. I have the Titanium version too.
    Last edited by username; 03-18-08 at 03:44 AM.
    03-18-08 03:42 AM
    Bump. Any other comments from the others?

03-18-08 04:00 PM
    Is that a downloaded picture of the web or where is it from?

Maybe there is just a little bit if..."finger dirt" on the 0 key.

My number keys are all grey, with black highlights on the numbers, the alt key, and the speaker key. The rest of the keyboard is white.

msblueline
    03-18-08 04:31 PM
    I could see how that could annoy you but other than that is there any other known problems?
    03-18-08 06:01 PM
    Maybe there is just a little bit if..."finger dirt" on the 0 key.msblueline
    That image posted is MY phone. Im sure it's not dirt on the number 0 as even on the sides of the number 0 key are bluish. I also clean the phone with alcohol/water atleast once a week and never use the phone with my hands too dirty.

I could see how that could annoy you but other than that is there any other known problems?
    I am actually fine with it. I just wanted to be sure that it is not a known problem caused by misuse since I got it off Craigslist.

Here's a close up picture:
    ImageShack - Hosting :: p1010408io5.jpg
    Last edited by username; 03-18-08 at 10:32 PM.
    03-18-08 10:30 PM
    Maybe the person that had it before you colored it with a sharpie?

Not even sure if that's possible, but people get crazy sometimes.lol
    03-18-08 10:41 PM
    My 0 is slightly off-color too. Not as exaggerated as your picture, but I notice it. I don't think it's anything more than a small lip of plastic that shows through the soft, opaque button. Even if that's not it, it shouldn't pose a problem.
    03-18-08 10:42 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. Ill try to open this baby up tom and see if there's something causing the discoloration inside. Will report back asap.

03-18-08 11:44 PM
    My 0 is a bit off white, a tad bluish as well. Nothing to major though

03-19-08 09:41 AM
    hello.. i just got an 8320 and a real newbie with BB.. my keyboard doesn't light at all.. is there a setting where i can turn it on or do i have a mess up unit in my hands?
    10-30-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD