Hehe aye the 8900 is a beast when it comes to memory. If someone has memory issue with that phone something is very wrong 256mb out of the box though RIM should have done this long before the 8900 - IMO
    I agree, considering a cheap phone I had 4 years ago had 256mb of onboard memory one of the few downsides of BB's
    03-26-09 11:36 PM
    BMT, have you cleaned your Cache memory recently? You are describing my early days before I learned about regular memory maintenance.

While reading this, click Menu>Options and go to Cache Operations and clean out your Cache files and cookies, if you haven't done this already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yea I clear my cache every few days. I suppose sometimes iit gets more built up than it should. I think I've just downoaded a bad app somewhere along th lines. I read in another thread that someone had a problem w/ viigo so that's getting th boot right now. Thx for your help & if you hav any more suggestions plz feel free.

03-28-09 01:51 AM
    Your file free is sufficient. Anything over 12mb is considered ok. You can improve it if you wish. The link is in my Signature file. Memory optimization. Simple housecleaning can improve it quite a bit. If you are a heavy texter or save alot of texts/email remove them and it will jump up. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close), Move all media to the media card instead of the device memory - Clear the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning). Many more things you can do but currently your FF is ok so no worries
    You have wonderful suggestions! I would like more info on clearing event logs (what's an event log lol) how do I view your sig file? Thnx for your help!

03-28-09 01:54 AM
    the signature is at the bottom of his post. its the links at the bottom.
    03-28-09 02:00 AM
    You have wonderful suggestions! I would like more info on clearing event logs (what's an event log lol) how do I view your sig file? Thnx for your help!

Thanks...

The event log tracks your recently run events/processes. It is simply a diagnostic tool. If you are having issues with the berry it can assist you in troubleshooting... Clearing it out will gain you roughly 200k max so personally I do not think it is worth the time. Most folks do not even know it exists so.... I keep mine on the berry but it does not log, just in case I need it for a weird issue the folks on CB cant help me with....

When you are not on WAP you will be able to see my signature links, at the bottom...
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-28-09 at 02:23 AM.
    03-28-09 02:20 AM
    Here is the optimization link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

03-28-09 09:27 AM
    Man this post helped alot cause my BB is working my nerves this week with its slowness. I thought it was the OS system I just uploaded on Monday.
    03-28-09 11:10 AM
    I don't have those problems on my Curve but I really don't have a whole lot of apps on here either. I do a soft reset every couple of days on an avoidance schedule. Lol (trying to avoid problems).

03-28-09 11:17 AM
    Hello everyone
    I now truly believe my problems were caused by all the third party apps I downloaded. I've erased all but the few that are really helpful & things are running much smoother now. I've also downloaded "LogMaid" which clears th event logs automatically & that seems to be helping a lot. My file free jumped up significantly after a few runs. Thanks again for all the help here. I don't know how you all know so much about blackberrys but I'm incredibly grateful.

04-01-09 08:27 AM
    Anyone else tired of there BB being soooo slow? My bb seems like its been freezing up quite often lately. I hate having to choose between apps that I want and not being able to have all of them! I do have an 8gb memory card which I have some photos, not a lot. It freezes all the time when I try to view them. I just can't wait for the niagara to come out. I have an ne2 in June! Hopefully having a new phone will do the trick; more onboard memory, better internal specs! I can't wait, I'm a sucker for new gadgets! Sorry if this turned into a little bit of a rant lol

you sure you dont have the storm?
    04-01-09 08:39 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD