Anyone else tired of there BB being soooo slow? My bb seems like its been freezing up quite often lately. I hate having to choose between apps that I want and not being able to have all of them! I do have an 8gb memory card which I have some photos, not a lot. It freezes all the time when I try to view them. I just can't wait for the niagara to come out. I have an ne2 in June! Hopefully having a new phone will do the trick; more onboard memory, better internal specs! I can't wait, I'm a sucker for new gadgets! Sorry if this turned into a little bit of a rant lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:34 PM
    My curve has none of those problems. Sounds like something is wrong with yours.

03-25-09 10:36 PM
    I'm on wap so I can't see your carrier/device. What is your file free number? Options > Status.

03-25-09 10:37 PM
    how much memory do you have on your phone? the 8gb memory card doesnt hold your apps or programs just music movies video and ringtones and of course pic's......If your device memory is under 10mb your device begins to be sluggish, call logs get deleted, sms and mms do not come in and when they do they delete themselves.... you should delete any apps your not really using and a few themes if you have a lot of em then do a battery pull...hope this helps

dont give up the curve is a diesel phone
    03-25-09 10:38 PM
    Why don't you just throw it out a window along with yourself!

03-25-09 10:39 PM
    thats not nice , supposed to help
    03-25-09 10:43 PM
    Just ignore the troll

Post your file free and if its low Xlide/Slate or myself will hook you up. Its all to easy to remedy this if it is in fact a memory issue.....
    03-25-09 10:45 PM
    Well you could always change the size of ur pictures. Go to your camera settings(options) Picture size: chnage to medium. I had the same problem and that did the trick... and check your file free
    03-25-09 10:45 PM
    Sounds like your phone has an issue. I also have an 8330 with Verizon and my runs smooth.
    03-25-09 10:47 PM
    Ok, it has to be memory like everyone is saying. I have a pearl and has the least amount of memory. With doing optimizations and QuickPull running every morning be fore I get up and just paying attention to my memory I am able to have 25+ apps on my Pearl.
    03-25-09 10:56 PM
    Hi I have a simllar problem. Mine isn'T with slowness as much as its just acting strange & my browser gives me th hourglass on every other page or so. I had to reset my phone 5 times today with a "soft reset" because th hourglass would take over. 1st question- is holding down "alt shift del" as good as actually pulling th battery?
    I recently went crazy with free apps & downloaded a dozen or so things. Some I erased already but how do I know which ones might be causing me trouble?
    My status says file free 32142933 Bytes. Is this a good amount of memory? How do I know how much memory each app uses?
    Thx for all the help!

03-25-09 11:25 PM
    Breakmythumbs - your file free is good enough to not be a memory issue.

Your question about alt -rshift-del. It is not exactly the same as a battery pull but it will refresh the memory and reboot the BB...... Nothing beats an actual battery pull though doing the Alt - RShift - Del once then when the screen turns white doing the same thing again will mimick/simulate a battery pull (quickpull does the same things - simulates a battery pull)..... Its the closest thing to actually removing the battery off the contacts. Its pretty debatable if you read on crackberry but that is my opinion....
    03-25-09 11:30 PM
    Break, your FF is ok. Are you closing your apps properly (Menu, Exit/Close)? If you have apps running in the background, it can slow your BB down, even though the FF is ok. I usually run 40+ MB for my FF.

03-25-09 11:30 PM
    Personally, I have not experienced such lag, but after trying out the new Curve 8900, I am definitely impressed with the speed of the updated Curve. I am eager to upgrade when my contract renews... but I will always be loyal to my 8320
    03-25-09 11:32 PM
    Personally, I have not experienced such lag, but after trying out the new Curve 8900, I am definitely impressed with the speed of the updated Curve. I am eager to upgrade when my contract renews... but I will always be loyal to my 8320
    Hehe aye the 8900 is a beast when it comes to memory. If someone has memory issue with that phone something is very wrong 256mb out of the box though RIM should have done this long before the 8900 - IMO
    03-25-09 11:34 PM
    BMT, have you cleaned your Cache memory recently? You are describing my early days before I learned about regular memory maintenance.

While reading this, click Menu>Options and go to Cache Operations and clean out your Cache files and cookies, if you haven't done this already.

03-25-09 11:59 PM
    SOMETIMES my internet is slow but other than that, everything is fine with my berry. I'm sorry that you're having those problems. My old blackberry was slow too so it could be that we both had faulty devices. But no complaints with the one I've got now.
    03-26-09 02:55 AM
    FF on my 8320 is 17781575. is it ok? i too feel that its a bit slow. I was using nokia e51 before buying 8320 and it was really fast...
    03-26-09 03:05 AM
    FF on my 8320 is 17781575. is it ok? i too feel that its a bit slow. I was using nokia e51 before buying 8320 and it was really fast...
    Your file free is sufficient. Anything over 12mb is considered ok. You can improve it if you wish. The link is in my Signature file. Memory optimization. Simple housecleaning can improve it quite a bit. If you are a heavy texter or save alot of texts/email remove them and it will jump up. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close), Move all media to the media card instead of the device memory - Clear the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning). Many more things you can do but currently your FF is ok so no worries
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-26-09 at 03:14 AM.
    03-26-09 03:11 AM
    how much memory do you have on your phone? the 8gb memory card doesnt hold your apps or programs just music movies video and ringtones and of course pic's......If your device memory is under 10mb your device begins to be sluggish, call logs get deleted, sms and mms do not come in and when they do they delete themselves.... you should delete any apps your not really using and a few themes if you have a lot of em then do a battery pull...hope this helps

dont give up the curve is a diesel phone
    don't get mean wrong I love my phone, I just think it's time to retire it and get a new BB. Of course I have to wait til hopefully May/June when the new Niagara comes out. But as far as memory goes, I have sufficient memory. I close all my apps the correct way. I've cleared my cache. It just keeps freezing up, and "thinking".
    03-26-09 08:51 AM
    Why don't you just throw it out a window along with yourself!

Aren't you a funny one...
    03-26-09 08:54 AM
    weird , very weird
    03-26-09 09:04 AM
    Go to options > status > menu database sizes. What is your content store?if you look at a lot of pictures on websites you may need to clear the content store.

Hook your BB up to dm. Go to backup/restore. Go to advanced. Scroll down to content store and click on clear. This makes things run smoother - like after installing a new OS.

03-26-09 05:49 PM
    i updated my curve 8310 and i usually have about 900000000 , and i have lots of apps, u must have a software bug.
    03-26-09 06:11 PM
    The 8320 only has a 324mhz processor. Yes it is slow... but battery life is good. I will try the 8900 when it comes out as it has a 512mhz processor.
    03-26-09 08:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD