I was playing around on my phone a few minutes ago, and i realised that i had a TINY i mean very small hairline scratch on the screen of my curve. Its nothing that effects the phone, but its just a cosmetic thing. I dont think anyone else would be able to point it out to me accept myself because i know my blackberry best and almost had a heart attack when i saw that my baby had a scratch on it. So it is really really small, but i do have insurance. Do you think that ATT would replace it? I dont want to sound spoiled or anything, but i just figure that since i have insurance, that is what it is for!
    thanks guys and sorry about the long post. im just soooo sad. lol
    thanks again
    08-21-08 11:23 PM
    that is NOT what insurance is for. insurance is for if you lose or destroy your phone, not for cosmetic issues you created.
    08-22-08 12:41 AM
    I dont think they will cover that, do you have a BSE on? That will probably make your baby scratch unnoticeable
    08-22-08 12:42 AM
    Try these. You won't get anymore scratches and it will probably hide the one you have Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:43 AM
    If you try to get it replaced on your insurance, you'll get a reburb. phone...nothing but problems. Put on a BSE and be done with it.
    08-22-08 12:45 AM
    If you try to get it replaced on your insurance, you'll get a reburb. phone...nothing but problems. Put on a BSE and be done with it.
    KatGirl, I love your signature!
    08-22-08 01:04 AM
    Feel your pain. The best you can do: protect your phone and be more carefull.

08-22-08 01:15 AM
    i know its kinda annoying when you get your first few scratches... but in a weird way, i kinda like it when my BB starts to look a little worn... it makes it feel a bit more personal... ya'know?!
    08-22-08 04:26 AM
    Its a scratch good lord if you that worried about it replace the faceplate. heres a link:
    Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, Samsung, Apple, BenQ-Siemens, Motorola, HTC, Nokia, Mobiado, Sony, To
    BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry

Try one of these.
    08-22-08 04:46 AM
    Its a scratch good lord if you that worried about it replace the faceplate.
    Thank you for saying what I resisted saying.
    08-22-08 04:48 AM
    Good Lord I feel your pain, actually my pain is bigger, I let my pearl fall from my lap yesterday! And it got scratched on one of its beautiful red corners. I'm still crying over it. :-(

08-22-08 09:15 AM
    Here's a good solution for the teeny, tiny scratch but follow the directions carefully.

1) Check to see what your insurance plan is regarding lost or stolen or broken phones.

2) Make sure it gets lost, stolen or broken without any real help from you.

3) Follow the appropriate method and pay $50 or whatever your deductible is to get a refurbished model. While $50 seems a lot for a scratch, so does asking the carrier to give you a brand new phone for something you're saying is a big deal but really isn't a big deal.

The other option is to (a) live with it, (b) replace the faceplate, or (c) buy a new one. If I scratched the corner of mine I'd be upset at myself too initially but after time I'd get a case and get on with life... I understand your pain but there are options...
    08-22-08 09:21 AM
    I just got a small scratch on my screen today too, I'm the only one who notice it. Earlier today everytime i looked at my screen I saw it! lol But it's passing over. I'm get a BSE for it. But I wouldn't go through the insurance just to get a refurbished phone
    08-22-08 09:34 PM
    I was playing around on my phone a few minutes ago, and i realised that i had a TINY i mean very small hairline scratch on the screen of my curve. Its nothing that effects the phone, but its just a cosmetic thing. I dont think anyone else would be able to point it out to me accept myself because i know my blackberry best and almost had a heart attack when i saw that my baby had a scratch on it. So it is really really small, but i do have insurance. Do you think that ATT would replace it? I dont want to sound spoiled or anything, but i just figure that since i have insurance, that is what it is for!
    thanks again
    you were playing with it?
    with what? a box of nails? or a set of keys?... :||
    08-22-08 10:07 PM
    Here's a good solution for the teeny, tiny scratch but follow the directions carefully.

1) Check to see what your insurance plan is regarding lost or stolen or broken phones.

2) Make sure it gets lost, stolen or broken without any real help from you.

3) Follow the appropriate method and pay $50 or whatever your deductible is to get a refurbished model. While $50 seems a lot for a scratch, so does asking the carrier to give you a brand new phone for something you're saying is a big deal but really isn't a big deal.

The other option is to (a) live with it, (b) replace the faceplate, or (c) buy a new one. If I scratched the corner of mine I'd be upset at myself too initially but after time I'd get a case and get on with life... I understand your pain but there are options...
    sounds to me like it would probably be better to wait for a BIG scratch before doing any of that. still, a good reference when in time of need... :||
    08-22-08 10:09 PM
    That's what the lovely little faceplate thing is for....or there's always the preventive action of taking a cruise through the crackberry store and buying a case or screen protector...I put protection on my baby from day one so I don't have this problem...the case looks like crap and is full of scratches but my berry is beautiful....
    08-22-08 10:30 PM
    This is good advice (or purchase a new faceplate), you DO NOT want a refurbished phone. Unless of course yours is non-working or lost.

ETA: I am not advocating you lose or destroy your phone (I just wanted to make this clear). However, in the event that either of these two things happen, that is what the insurance is for.

thanks again
    Last edited by StarrsNana; 08-22-08 at 11:26 PM.
    08-22-08 10:53 PM
    If you try to get it replaced on your insurance, you'll get a reburb. phone...nothing but problems.
    This is not always the case. Look around the forums and you will finds
    tons of comments from members who are totally with their refurb units.
    I know this as I am one of them.

But I do have to agree that a TINY scratch is not what insurance is for.
    And the wink and a nod suggestion to get the phone lost, broken, etc.
    amounts to insurance fraud. Not a road you should go down.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-22-08 at 11:13 PM.
    08-22-08 11:09 PM
    that's what protection is for, so accidents don't happen
    08-23-08 12:15 AM
    yeah i was pissed when i got my first scratch. if its on the screen then a screen protector should make it unnoticable.

if that doesnt satisfy you, you can always buy a new lens for ten bucks at cnn.cn
    08-23-08 01:40 AM
    That's what the lovely little faceplate thing is for....or there's always the preventive action of taking a cruise through the crackberry store and buying a case or screen protector...I put protection on my baby from day one so I don't have this problem...the case looks like crap and is full of scratches but my berry is beautiful....
    ditto...

did i just say that?... :||
    08-23-08 01:41 AM
    I just got a scratch too Not even sure how but I'm bummed too so I feel your pain....My poor precious! I just ordered screen protectors.

Thanks for the web site ThreeFive if I decide to replace the plate its cheap and easy on this site.
    08-27-08 01:24 AM
    I know how much it sucks to have a scratch on your precious berry cause my screen has a small scratch (that only I probably notice), so I decided to get a screen protector. After applying my BSE, I can no longer see the scratch on my screen and now it looks brand new! Anyone know how that happened? Not that I'm complaining, cause I'm definitely not, I couldn't be happier! I'm just curious as to what would cause this.
    08-30-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD