Good God.... this one's nothing short of bizarre. My 8330 has been turning the clock back one hour, whenever it feels like it. It is seriously screwing with my life. I've played with all the settings under Date/Time. Sooner or later, it will set the clock back just one hour. Do I need to update firmware and how?
    04-02-09 08:09 PM
    Do you sync alot with desktop manager?

If you do within Desktop Manager in the synchronize options - make sure update date and time is unchecked, see if that helps.

Also in the Date/Time on the Blackberry where it says date:time source what is it on? Have you ever changed that in your testing? All I can think of trying........
    04-02-09 08:12 PM
    Had this problem with a cusotmer the other day. He lived in AZ and his device kept turning back 1 hour. Fix was his time zone. AZ does not do DST, he was pacific time which was right, but there was another that compensats for this ( arizona -7). We changed to this one and time time was corrected and the shift stopped.
    04-02-09 08:13 PM
    ^^ Sounds good to me lol....... Rock on Raid!!
    04-02-09 08:16 PM
    Do you sync alot with desktop manager?

If you do within Desktop Manager in the synchronize options - make sure update date and time is unchecked, see if that helps.

Also in the Date/Time on the Blackberry where it says date:time source what is it on? Have you ever changed that in your testing? All I can think of trying........
    I use Google Sync and never use BB Desktop Manager...

On Date/Time Source I have tried toggling between Network and Blackberry and Off. Which one should it be on?
    04-02-09 08:16 PM
    Had this problem with a cusotmer the other day. He lived in AZ and his device kept turning back 1 hour. Fix was his time zone. AZ does not do DST, he was pacific time which was right, but there was another that compensats for this ( arizona -7). We changed to this one and time time was corrected and the shift stopped.
    Ok, I just changed my Time Zone from Tijuana to Pacific. Even though they're the same damn time zone, we'll see if it works. I'm in california.
    04-02-09 08:18 PM
    Mine is always set to network. VZW time is always right
    04-02-09 08:18 PM
    Ok, I just changed my Time Zone from Tijuana to Pacific. Even though they're the same damn time zone, we'll see if it works. I'm in california.
    Cool - let us know if this helps
    04-02-09 08:19 PM
    lastraid.... thanks for the tip on dialing 800 numbers!!!! I have seriously had look up an image of a numeric keypad on the browser every time, until now!!
    04-02-09 08:23 PM
    lastraid.... thanks for the tip on dialing 800 numbers!!!! I have seriously had look up an image of a numeric keypad on the browser every time, until now!!
    Glad it helped
    04-02-09 08:24 PM
    the same thing happened to me it kept setting back only to learn that my laptop was on the wrong time as well, maybe that is another suggestion check your puter to make sure that is on the right time as well. i also didnt know you can have Verizon time ? how is this possible , didnt know that worked with the bb'S
    04-03-09 10:34 AM
    the same thing happened to me it kept setting back only to learn that my laptop was on the wrong time as well, maybe that is another suggestion check your puter to make sure that is on the right time as well. i also didnt know you can have Verizon time ? how is this possible , didnt know that worked with the bb'S
    This can be changed in the device - under option>date/time. If the date time source is set to network, it get the netowrk time. This will not change time zone though, BB's are not programmed to this. Do not ask why, but I wish they would do this.
    04-03-09 11:03 AM
    Because changing TZ can seriously mess up appointment times, and then sync the mess back to your work calendar.

Optional might be nice. OTOH, I never found taking 30 seconds to change the time while on a flight to be so honerous.
    04-03-09 11:45 AM
    I can understand this and you are correct- I do not think it takes 30 seconds to do this
    04-03-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD