I am a new BB user (Sprint Curve 8330) and love it! However, for the first time, when I travel and change time zones, the clock stays in the zone where I live. Is there a way to set it so the time changes when one travels to a different time zone? Thanks
    06-14-08 04:19 PM
    No. You have to manually change the timezone yourself. It's not a defect, just a design decision by Rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 04:37 PM
    As Jeff said, you have to change it yourself. It would be cool if RIM implemented this feature into their phones. I don't know if the Bold can do it.
    06-14-08 04:42 PM
    Sorry for the short answers. I'm away from my computer. Rim's solution deals with the problem of timezones and calendar appointments at the expense of confounding users who don't use the calendar and are accustomed to having their phone always display the correct local time. If you search the forums, you'll find some heated arguments about it. The way to use it as currently implemented is to be sure you enter your appointments with the correct timezone. Then when you change your tz at your destination, your appointments will be correct. If you don't use the calendar, this is an annoyance. It reflects Rim's business orientation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 05:21 PM
    Dissapointing but thanks for the quick reply
    06-14-08 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD