Even though you turn the alert off, that doesn't stop the text from appearing in 2 different places. None of these 3rd party apps have been able to integrate into the native sms.
    Sorry ScandaLeX, maybe I am missing the problem. When I set my Firewall to Block the SMS message, I no longer get them in my Native SMS App, only in the 3Jam SMS App.

I have checked and gone to the BB SMS app and find no messages in there, and when I check the Firewall settings, is shows the number of SMS messages blocked (right now about 32 or so).

If that is the problem, then I think that has solved the double SMS messages. If I am wrong in understanding the issue, please forgive me.
    08-12-09 04:25 PM
    Is there a way to make the 3jam app play your custom tones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:37 PM
    Ahhh yes.... the BB people just dont know what they are missing.
    I absolutely hate the long threads on the BB and still try to touch my screen but so far liking the BB. Let me know if you guys try the yahoo app.
    Hopefully it will fix what IS broken on the BB.
    08-13-09 10:40 PM
    I get charged w each enter, so it does not help me

I need to diable it, how plz???
    09-15-09 06:19 AM
    I get charged w each enter, so it does not help me

I need to diable it, how plz???
    I went through the 7 day trial period and it was great! I loved the app and it worked just like it should...but then they started wanting to charge you 5 cents every time you sent and received a message. The only thing to do was delete the entire app and put all your settings back the way they were. Too bad. I think they only want to charge you b/c they insist on doing that thing where they keep copies of all your texts online. I don't care about that at all and don't want to pay for it. lol. Good luck!
    09-18-09 06:59 PM
    Sorry ScandaLeX, maybe I am missing the problem. When I set my Firewall to Block the SMS message, I no longer get them in my Native SMS App, only in the 3Jam SMS App.

I have checked and gone to the BB SMS app and find no messages in there, and when I check the Firewall settings, is shows the number of SMS messages blocked (right now about 32 or so).

If that is the problem, then I think that has solved the double SMS messages. If I am wrong in understanding the issue, please forgive me.
    I understand what you're saying free. You way of working this out is to adjust firewall and all that. What we are talking about is full integration without the need to adjust the firewall.
    09-18-09 10:48 PM
    Hi all! Just switched from treo to bb8830 due to work. I miss threaded text! I quickly found 3jam, and used up the 7 days trial. Can i pay for the app 1-time, then use it forever, or do I have to pay for those text plans. I dont want any of the online stuff, nor international texting ability. Any suggestions? thanks!
    09-19-09 04:12 PM
    So does RIM have any plans for making real threaded sms for 83xx Curves? Word is that 5.0 OS won't be in store for us

09-19-09 07:24 PM
    So does RIM have any plans for making real threaded sms for 83xx Curves? Word is that 5.0 OS won't be in store for us

Hey if you want threaded sms on your blackberry then give Bchat a try!!!

09-26-09 07:18 AM
    Hey if you want threaded sms on your blackberry then give Bchat a try!!!

I tried to download, but it said that I needed net_rim_bbapi_messagelist. Where can I get this and the program to download stright from my bb? Thanks!
    09-26-09 02:43 PM
    I tried to download, but it said that I needed net_rim_bbapi_messagelist. Where can I get this and the program to download stright from my bb? Thanks!
    go to mobihand it cost at the time I purchased it .99 but worth it many times over!!!!!! It separates contact and even gives time and date with each message. Incoming and outgoing custom colors..... And you can clear conversation and keep contact.... And so much more!!!!! I can't live without it......!!!!

Last edited by berrieboss; 09-27-09 at 09:38 AM.
    09-27-09 09:35 AM
    go to mobihand it cost at the time I purchased it .99 but worth it many times over!!!!!! It separates contact and even gives time and date with each message. Incoming and outgoing custom colors..... And you can clear conversation and keep contact.... And so much more!!!!! I can't live without it......!!!!

where can i get bchat?Im new to the this and my first blackberry. Im loving it so far except for the sms. Took me forever to figure out how to txt on this thing..lol
    09-28-09 06:57 AM
    where can i get bchat?Im new to the this and my first blackberry. Im loving it so far except for the sms. Took me forever to figure out how to txt on this thing..lol
    Go to a site called( mobihand)!!!! Put that in your google search and your there....... again its a great app....

09-28-09 07:18 AM
    Go to a site called( mobihand)!!!! Put that in your google search and your there....... again its a great app....

don't think its compatible with my phone?
    09-28-09 10:52 PM
    how do you get the messages to be threaded? one guy at sprint said i had to pay for feature.. other person said that bb couldnt do it.
    03-08-10 07:57 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD