Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their curve as much as I do. I feel like i'm using aged technolgy. the phone is slow as all ****, the browser blows, any external apps i install run slow and they're pretty ******** apps for the most part.

besides the push email, i wish i had an iphone, this phone is horrific. I have been using it for 6 months and I am just so sick of it. no threaded sms?? COME ON, i want to throw it against a wall. I am going to get a pre right away or worst case i have to wait for this damn niagara. I am just so fed up with rimm right now.
    01-24-09 01:39 PM
    Rant thread much?

I don't know about your curve but mine has never failed me..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 01:41 PM
    What's so wrong with your Curve?? I love mine.

01-24-09 01:42 PM
    Ummm� this is a Curve forum, so I doubt you'll find too many here who hate their devices! :-) I for one would never have an iPhone; hey if that works for you, throw the Curve against a wall and go for the iPhone! As long as you don't want to copy-and-paste anything :-)

01-24-09 01:44 PM
    Have you checked your memory or tried an OS upgrade? Theres lots of reasons your device can run slow. I have no complaints about my curve other than the trackball. I'm just not a trackball fan.
    01-24-09 01:46 PM
    No issues with mine whatsoever. I love it. It will only be replaced by a bold on this end... Wish you better luck with your iphone.
    01-24-09 01:46 PM
    My 8310 curve has got threaded sms. I love my curve!

01-24-09 02:00 PM
    Most Curve problems I've seen were operator errors. But, hey, some just aren't up to the occaision. Didn't I see a thread around here just for some people that just shouldn't have BBs?

01-24-09 02:08 PM
    no complaints here just had a bad spell of pictures being a pain to send.. had it replaced twice but i love it..
    01-24-09 02:18 PM
    You dont hate your Curve.

Your Curve hates you.
    01-24-09 02:25 PM
    Send your curve to me and I'll give her a good home

01-24-09 02:29 PM
    Send your curve to me and I'll give her a good home

Haha I second that emotion maxiang. Love my curve and await the 8900 to hit vzw..
    01-24-09 02:37 PM
    My 8310 curve has got threaded sms. I love my curve!

What is "threaded" SMS?
    01-24-09 02:38 PM
    You dont hate your Curve.

Your Curve hates you.
    Right on buddy..
    01-24-09 02:38 PM
    What is "threaded" SMS?
    Where it shows your messages with someone like a convo on IM

01-24-09 02:45 PM
    no complaints here...I love my new curve
    01-24-09 04:03 PM
    To each his own... I happen to love my curve, but if it's not for you, hey, that's cool too! Good luck with the iPhone!

01-24-09 04:07 PM
    Am I the only person who doesn't want threaded SMS?

I'm perfectly happy with the current layout of it, I can see the last four or five messages back and forth I don't need everything all in one place.

oh, and I'm more than happy with the curve. I can't wait to get an 8900 variant from AT&T (who I also may be the only person that's happy with.)
    01-24-09 04:08 PM
    Every problem described by the OP can be tied to either an old OS or lack of memory due to overload of the aforementioned "******** apps"....any bets?

BTW...if you get an iphone...(had one...it's a toy)...your gonna miss that Curve. (or any smartphone for that matter). I strongly suggest you get a Pre or Niagra as you mentioned. Good luck.

Bo
    01-24-09 04:17 PM
    I love my 8330! I haven't found anything wrong with it

01-24-09 04:19 PM
    my curve is fantastic!
    wonder whats wrong with yours:S
    01-24-09 04:25 PM
    Life's too short to stay with something you are that dissatisfied with. Make a change even if it costs some cash. I like my Curve but maybe it isn't a fit for everyone. Thank goodness we have lots of options.
    Good Luck

01-24-09 04:29 PM
    Back in the old CB radio days of the mid-seventies, we used to use the term H&D for Hate & Discontent. Something like, "He is just going around stirring up H&D."

Now it seems to me that this Jaydee character is doing just that - an Apple or anti-RIM fanboy just trying to spout off & stir up some H&D.

Looking at his (her?) post history, I see quite a few slamming BlackBerry devices and trumpeting Palm, Apple & WinMo devices.

And few seem to be able to not feed the H&D frenzy this guy is trying to create.
    01-24-09 05:40 PM
    Have fun with the iPhone crashing to the home-screen every 20 minutes.
    01-24-09 06:22 PM
    Have fun with the iPhone crashing to the home-screen every 20 minutes.
    Plus no MMS and picture messaging, and no push e-mail. But you can get an app that's a Zippo lighter that opens and lights!! I know that's definately worth the full retail price of admission! Oh yes, and you'd better keep it locked away in a safe, since if it breaks your screwed cuz Apple won't insure them (at least that's what a buddy told me when he got his iphone). But hey, nothing like being able to play paper football anywhere you go...

01-24-09 06:39 PM
168 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD