Is it just me or is the alarm clock a bit buggy? I have mine set for weekdays only and I have it set at 5 min snooze. When it goes off...I hit any button on the keyboard and it snoozes. Sometimes it goes on again 1 minute later and then sometimes it takes the 5 minutes (which is what its set at). Anyone else experience this? I do think its cool how every button turns into a snooze button.
    09-11-08 10:54 AM
    Very weird that you just posted this... Mine has been working perfectly for weeks now, but this morning it seemed to "dismiss" itself. It rang for a few seconds and then stopped by itself.
    09-11-08 10:56 AM
    I did notice this actually with 4.3 OS software. I also noticed that if you have an alarm set AND you play music to fall asleep to, your alarm will NOT go off....I had to learn this the hard way.....several times before I saw the pattern. I upgraded to 4.5 and I haven't seen the problem since though.
    09-11-08 10:59 AM
    Actually, I would highly recommend BBSmart Alarms Pro

It is a great app to have...

BBSmart Alarms Pro - Business & Finance BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    09-11-08 10:59 AM
    I am running the 4.3 software. Whats weird is that when I'm testing the alarm clock / snooze feature during the day it works fine. No problems. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the charging dock I have it on overnight is screwing it up somehow? I'm gonna check it on the dock again and see if I can replicate the problem while I'm fully awake..hehe
    09-11-08 11:17 AM
    after last week I am no longer using mine as an alarm clock. Either I am a super heavy sleeper, or it is not even going off. I have been late 2 times this week already, so I am Hiding the Icon now.
    09-11-08 11:34 AM
    after last week I am no longer using mine as an alarm clock. Either I am a super heavy sleeper, or it is not even going off. I have been late 2 times this week already, so I am Hiding the Icon now.
    Lol I know what you mean...Im a heavy sleeper myself. I have my alarm settings as follows for me:
    Alert Type: Tone
    Rong Tone: Alarm_Quickbell
    Volume: Escalating

Thats wakes me up every morning...
    09-11-08 11:43 AM
    Well..from what I've gathered the alarm won't shut off unless you dismiss it so its probably not going off. Man I love this phone to death but boy does it have its share of bugs...
    09-11-08 11:44 AM
    Are you all using the 8330 curve? I have been using mine ever since I bought it (1-month ago). It has never failed me yet. Sometimes I even turn my phone off; it comes on by itself to wake me. I don't use snooze though. I use Alarm_quickbell volume: Loud as well. Note: it is probably best for people to set their alarm to an undesirable tone for an alarm. If I set it to my favorite tune, I would sleep all day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 12:52 PM

I keep reading about BBSmart Alarms. I got tired of it. So I went to the link. Did I say "Thank You"? This thing is nice. Or should I say "noice", like the kids do? I've been using the Blackberry device alarm. There is no comparison. This is worth the minimal investment.
    09-11-08 01:51 PM
    my basic alarm works just fine

kinda noisy, but i need that
    09-11-08 01:53 PM
    I had to break down and get another alarm because my Berry would just decide to stop snoozing, at some point, and disable itself. I had to be late for work only once before I got a back up. Still not sure how that happened though. I'm running a beta OS, so I just chalked it up to that. lol
    09-11-08 03:32 PM
    Mine has had no problems on 4.3 and 4.5 but I set 2 alarms anyways.
    09-12-08 12:30 AM
    Using OS 4.5 works flawlessly

09-12-08 01:09 AM

I travel a lot and depend on BBSmart Alarms all the time. It's great to wake up to any song or noise you want, and adjust the snooze to whatever you like.

A must have app for BB
    09-12-08 01:21 AM
    I have 4.3 OS and I haven't had any problems.

I use the "Alarm_High Alert" to wake me up. It's so annoying, which is what I need or I won't wake up.

I actually use 3 alarms to wake me up.
    1) A Radio
    2) Alarm clock
    3) Blackberry

A nuclear explosion wouldn't wake me up, lol
    09-12-08 01:21 AM
    I'm using OS 4.5 and havent had any problems.
    Even when i was on 4.2 i didnt really have issues.
    I can only remember 2 instances on when it didnt wake me up and that was because i forgot to change it to "On" instead of "Weekdays Only".

I wake up to custom made ring tones of the song GRINF***ED from DevilDriver, In Dying Days from As Blood Runs Black, and every so often i'll use Eradication from All Shall Perish.

I'm sure most people on here hate Metal and Hardcore but, these songs will wake ANYONE up!
    Last edited by KillingWthASmile; 09-12-08 at 06:10 AM. Reason: grammar
    09-12-08 06:09 AM
    Ok..I just managed to replicate the snooze bug. I originally have the snooze set for 5 minutes. When the alarm goes off at the selected time and you hit any button on the keyboard to snooze it...it works great. In 5 minutes it goes off again with no problems. However, for some reason if you happen to move the track ball even a little bit before you hit any button to snooze it shuts off the alarm but doesn't snooze it for your desired snooze time. It only snoozes it for 1 minute. I tried this a few times and got the same result. Weird. I guess a few times while I was half asleep I must of touched the trackball trying to hit one of the typing keys to snooze. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this is how its supposed to be.
    Last edited by Vahe74; 09-12-08 at 02:03 PM.
    09-12-08 02:00 PM
    I'm sure most people on here hate Metal and Hardcore but, these songs will wake ANYONE up!
    I happen to like Metal and Hardcore, but I'm picky. I never thought of using a Metal song to wake me up, I'll have to try that! Thanks!
    09-12-08 02:13 PM
    Are you all using the 8330 curve? I have been using mine ever since I bought it (1-month ago). It has never failed me yet. Sometimes I even turn my phone off; it comes on by itself to wake me. I don't use snooze though. I use Alarm_quickbell volume: Loud as well. Note: it is probably best for people to set their alarm to an undesirable tone for an alarm. If I set it to my favorite tune, I would sleep all day.

Bingo on that BM!! I think that's what's going on. It's possible that some here are setting their favorite song or something to that effect and of course when the alarm comes on playing that tune, you tend to sleep heavier. I've done that before. It has to be an undesirable loud ringtone in order to work. Something that you just can't stand listening to!!

09-12-08 02:24 PM
    Ok..I just managed to replicate the snooze bug. I originally have the snooze set for 5 minutes. When the alarm goes off at the selected time and you hit any button on the keyboard to snooze it...it works great. In 5 minutes it goes off again with no problems. However, for some reason if you happen to move the track ball even a little bit before you hit any button to snooze it shuts off the alarm but doesn't snooze it for your desired snooze time. It only snoozes it for 1 minute. I tried this a few times and got the same result. Weird. I guess a few times while I was half asleep I must of touched the trackball trying to hit one of the typing keys to snooze. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this is how its supposed to be.
    yes, when the alarm is going off there are the options to snooze or dismiss. i always hit dismiss so that it shuts it off completely.i use the trackball. i can see how it can be easily be moved for dismiss instead of snooze. i guess i'm the opposite of everyone on this thread as i wake at the sound of a pin dropping! i have it set to a song at the very lowest setting and i'm always startled awake! ha

i'm on VZW 8330 4.3, btw.
    09-12-08 02:30 PM
    i guess i'm the opposite of everyone on this thread as i wake at the sound of a pin dropping! i have it set to a song at the very lowest setting and i'm always startled awake! ha
    I wake quite easily... I use Alarm_EarlyRiser with Escalating Volume to help with the initial shock factor.
    09-12-08 02:40 PM
    I have mine set on Alarm High Alert with 2 vibrations. It lays on the floor next to our bed(carpet), and I always snap awake on the first vibration. It rarely gets as far as the tone before I snooze it. But if there's a kid crying, or say an earthquake, I'll sleep right through it!
    09-12-08 02:50 PM
    yes, when the alarm is going off there are the options to snooze or dismiss. i always hit dismiss so that it shuts it off completely.i use the trackball. i can see how it can be easily be moved for dismiss instead of snooze. i guess i'm the opposite of everyone on this thread as i wake at the sound of a pin dropping! i have it set to a song at the very lowest setting and i'm always startled awake! ha

i'm on VZW 8330 4.3, btw.
    Yes I'm aware of the two options. BUT...even if you just move the trackball slightly..without choosing either option it snoozes the alarm. Its VERY sensitive...even if you just move it down to dismiss without selecting it and then move it back up to snooze (again without selecting it) it snoozes. BUT it snoozes for one minute. Very weird.
    09-12-08 03:32 PM
    I wake quite easily... I use Alarm_EarlyRiser with Escalating Volume to help with the initial shock factor.
    Same here. I wakes me up everyday.
    09-12-08 03:39 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD