Hi, I am new to blackberry's and I have searched all over looking for answers to my questions, but i could not find the answers
    will you please help?
    im questioning...

i already have a unlimited text and picture messaging plan. im just buying a curve...but will the instant messaging be free for me?
    also, can i use google maps even though i dont have the data plan?
    what other apps can i use on the curve that dont require a data plan?
    05-21-08 06:22 PM
    If you have and unlimited plan you will not be charged for the IMs. If you dont have the data plan I dont think you will be able to IM or access the browser. Welcome to CB. TMO does have the cheapest unlimited data plan just to throw that out there to you.
    05-21-08 06:27 PM
    oh ok
    what if i use wifi?
    i know that wifi is free, but will i be able to use IM using wifi?
    05-21-08 07:31 PM
    well most everything should be free when your on wifi, just make your you really are on wifi and not data...

this is one of the questions that iv had too, i have the unlimited txt, pix, vids and im plan from ATT so dose the im include blackberry messenger?
    05-21-08 07:37 PM
    When I bought my 8320, I was basically using it with Wi-Fi but felt that wasn't getting all for what I paid for until I get a BIS plan.... Fully enjoying it, chating, getting mail, browsing locations on google maps... I'm really loving it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 07:45 PM
    thanks for replying so quickly!
    i love crackberry.com haha

but back to what i was going to say....

i have wireless at my house and i could use wifi on my blackberry...im usually at home or at school and both places have wifi
    so....will i really need to buy a data plan? i am in a family plan and my parents pay for my bill...and they already pay 20 bucks for my unlimited texting...
    so i dont want to buy the data plan when i dont e-mail people or browse the internet when im out doing whatever

will i still be havin fun with the curve if i dont have the data plan? also, can i do anything else with the curve besides text message and call people?
    05-21-08 07:59 PM
    ummm well i have the curve form att, all i have is unlimited txtin and the data plan with att is 30 bucks...so im not going for that!

And i have the 8310, so no wifi for me anyhow (( but i still make everything work just great from my computer when i need apps or w.e so im sure u will love your curve without the data plan and just wifi! so go get it!
    05-21-08 08:15 PM
    With my Tmobile Curve, I have Hotspot@Home and Wi-FI. I can IM, email and browse on Yahoo and AOL while on wi-fi and there is no additional charge. I do not have a dataplan. 90% of the time I have access to Wi-Fi either at home or at friends' homes. I also enjoy the music player, calendar, games, etc.
    05-21-08 08:55 PM
    Hrshycro and magician!
    i love you two
    thanks for clearing that up
    ive been searching for a while for that info, but its nowhere!
    finally....i am at ease
    i will go and get it next monday
    whoo
    IM STOKED!
    05-21-08 09:36 PM
    I didn't see an answer to your BlackBerry messenger on WiFi question...

I'm sorry to say that no data means no BBM!!

05-21-08 09:45 PM
    what exactly is blackberry messenger?

my question was if you could use IM on blackberry without data plan, and the answer was yes because i can use wifi
    05-21-08 10:04 PM
    I have no idea why I thought you asked if BlackBerry messenger would be usable with WiFi... I could have sworn I saw that question. I just re-read the entire thread but it most certainly isn't there!! Guess I need better glasses!

BBM is a IM tool wherein BlackBerry users can send messages utilizing the device PIN numbers. Because this uses the Blackberry servers, there is no text messenging charges incurred. Messenges can be sent via the BBM application (which is similar to I'm applications like AIM) or via the standard outbox.

Sorry to have muddied the waters with my earlier strange post!! :-/

That being said, you will love the curve!! For your needs, WiFi should be just fine! I use mine for business and need the constant OTA updates, push email, and sync!! WiFi alone would never be a viable option for me, but from what you've described, I think it will work well for you!

05-21-08 10:50 PM
    its ok, i see things too
    but thank you. your opinion helped
    i will get the curve

but whats this blackberry feature enabler?
    i read about it, but its unclear to me about what it does.
    would it benefit me? i already have unlimited text and picture messaging...what else would it do for me?
    05-21-08 11:11 PM
    From what I understand Blackberry Feature Enabler is a TMO specific offering designed to give customers access to the features of a blackberry without the full data plan. It supposedly opens up SMS, MMS, OTA downloads (ringtones, etc) without having to pay for a data plan.

It doesn't seem that this would be too beneficial to you since you already have a texting package and WiFi... I don't have TMO and am not very familiar with their offerings or service, why don't you post this one in the TMO forum? Text Package vs. Feature Enabler?

Personally it sounds gimmick-y, especially since TMO has such cheap data packages!!

05-21-08 11:35 PM
    aren't t-mobiles data plans 40 bucks?
    05-21-08 11:38 PM
    well most everything should be free when your on wifi, just make your you really are on wifi and not data...

this is one of the questions that iv had too, i have the unlimited txt, pix, vids and im plan from ATT so dose the im include blackberry messenger?
    Hi, I am new to blackberry's and I have searched all over looking for answers to my questions, but i could not find the answers
    will you please help?
    im questioning...

i already have a unlimited text and picture messaging plan. im just buying a curve...but will the instant messaging be free for me?
    also, can i use google maps even though i dont have the data plan?
    what other apps can i use on the curve that dont require a data plan?
    BB require a specific Blackberry Data plan, all other data plan will not work "properly". and also the BBM is exclusive BB data plan.
    Google Map require Data plan ( my understanding) Anyone could vouch this?
    05-21-08 11:55 PM
    Tmobiles data plan for unlimited is only $19.99

05-22-08 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD