hey
    im getting my bb curve 8330 tomorrow. i was just wondering is there anything i had to do before i use it. i got it from sprint. will it have the latest software or anything.
    08-05-09 02:31 PM
    Since you're gettin it from them it should have the latest os on it for them. Can't really do anything in advance until you get it other than maybe downloading the desktop manager from blackberry. Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:34 PM
    what do you mean download desktop manager from blackberry
    08-05-09 02:41 PM
    what do you mean download desktop manager from blackberry
    The program that connects your BB to your computer via USB cable.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

Search for v4.6 which I understand works the best with the Curve 8300 series. I have v4.7 on my laptop and haven't had any problems.
    08-05-09 02:45 PM
    Welcome to the world of Blackberry.

I too joined Sprint about 2 weeks ago and I am loving my Curve and everything that it can do and just having a ball.

One thing I would do is read the stickies on the boards and the posts in this section "Blackberry Curve 83xx". I started reading on here a few days before getting my phone and learned A LOT from the experts on here. You will see posts about problems, solutions, tips and tricks, and just about anything you can think about for your phone.

Learn to use the Search feature of the forum and you will find just about any topic that you can think of.

I have been on this forum for almost 3 weeks now and have learned SOOOOO much.

Again welcome to Crackberry and as the name implies, it is exactly that.
    08-05-09 03:04 PM
    I got my BlackBerry Curve from Sprint about two weeks ago, also! Were they having a sale?
    08-05-09 03:35 PM
    I got my BlackBerry Curve from Sprint about two weeks ago, also! Were they having a sale?
    I bet they were. BTW I am really impressed with Sprint's service. Very fast network and great overall reliability. I have not lost a signal yet and my wife has T-Mobile and where we live there are dead spots she goes through all the time, but not me.
    08-05-09 03:48 PM
    what does the desktop manager do?
    08-05-09 04:09 PM
    what does the desktop manager do?
    It allows you to communicate with your phone via your PC, like someone mentioned. It will allow you to back up all your important data to the computer, save your contacts, calendar, etc. It will allow you to download applications from the internet and install them on the phone. There are about 6 functions on the main menu (I can't recall them all), but when I got my phone, the CD with my Phone had the Desktop Manager on it and was a very easy install to my computer.

Hope this helps...
    08-05-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD