hello,

Can someone help, is there a way so that my emails do not go into one main icon (Messages). my emails and text messages are being placed into one icon so now it shows up in 2 place. My message box and also my email box (ex: hotmail, gmail, aol).

Please help....

mar
    11-26-08 12:23 PM
    Go to MESSAGES/OPTIONS/GENERAL OPTIONS, then scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" and set it to "Separate".
    11-26-08 12:28 PM
    so how do i see my text messages?
    11-26-08 12:42 PM
    Your text messages will be found under the normal Messages icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 12:43 PM
    There should an "SMS" or "Messages" folder available.

Ah...gritmaster beat me to it.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 11-26-08 at 12:56 PM.
    11-26-08 12:48 PM
    Thank you so much. I got mine yesterday and that was driving me nuts.
    11-26-08 01:21 PM
    Once you choose to seperate e-mails and SMS/MMS it will put the icon at the end of the list. Also if you have added an e-mail account then you probably will have a message icon, e-mail icon and SMS/MMS icon depending on your theme. If using a carrier theme, AT&T, it will have a applications folder and once you seperate messages/e-mail from SMS/MMS it will stick the SMS/MMS icon it that folder. You can just "Move" the icon to where you want by having the icon highlighted then choosing the BB Menu key and then Move. On a final note, if you wipe your device and reload the OS it will keep the e-mail account settings, but loose the seperate e-mail icon, the one when highlighted shows the e-mail account associated with it, all you will have to do is remove the e-mail account and then recreate it. If you remove the account and recreate with e-mails already downloaded to your BB you wont loose your e-mails, backing up messages and 3rd party apps is recomended.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 11-26-08 at 01:39 PM.
    11-26-08 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD