So I have verizon 8330. 2 months ago upgrade to 4.5.057(I think that's it).

Official verizon 4.5 out- so I upped to 4.5.0

Now I see bigger leak than w 4.5.057

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 07:50 AM
    I am running .77 on my device. I have not seen a memory leak issue at all. Without knowing what is running and how you storing files on your device, it hard to give any info on this.
    11-15-08 07:53 AM
    I agree with you that I think there might be. When I upgraded my memory goes low quite often.

11-15-08 01:21 PM
    With every upgrade there is less bugs. Something must be running in the backround, we need a list of apps...
    11-15-08 01:23 PM
    If you have Facebook, just delete it. The problem with that program are adding up fast. If not, we need a list.
    11-15-08 04:40 PM
    I honestly think facebook put a missed call icon permanently on the top of my screen. After downloading it.....I can't seem to get rid of it. I deleted it about an hour later but it still won't go away!

Is there a way to fix this without restoring the whole phone?
    11-15-08 08:24 PM
    Yes, newer os updates have worse and worse mem leaks. Only app I use is google maps and unless I pull my battery everynight, the phone is a snail. .52 was much better than .94 or whatever the newest GSM os is...

11-15-08 08:27 PM
    I'm using .102 and have almost no memory leak. Raider and SD are correct. The newer the OS, the fewer problems. Has everyone gone through and followed the memory optimization guide? Do you monitor your file free and do the required resets and cache and log clearing?

There are many many posts about OS upgrades that warn people to not upgrade unless they are prepared for the changes; to not upgrade until one is comfortable operating one's berry. Upgrading is not a passive activity, you have to keep an eye on how your device is running. All one has to do is a simple search and they'll see no experienced user here advised them to upgrade. We all advise caution.

If you do not like how your device is running, you should downgrade. Just as a bunch of us are keeping an eye out to help people who upgrade, we're also ready to help you go back, too. These OS's are betas and official OS's for other companies. There are no guarantees. Everyone who upgrades does so at their own risk.

11-15-08 09:49 PM
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and have zero problems with a memory leak.

In fact, things seem to be much better than they were before...
    11-15-08 10:00 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.97 (cough) and am having no issues. Smooth operation.
    11-16-08 01:35 AM
    This is funny. Exelant, you're contradicting yourself. So you're saying that unless I clear my logs and do my regular battery pulls, I will get mem leaks? So if I band aid the problem it means it doesn't exist!? Hahahaha. BBs leak, its an OS fault. Stop being so ignorant. And the problem isn't getting any better either...

11-16-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD