I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8310 last month and would love to have a flash player for it. I have found tons of suggestions for Flash Lite 2.1 and where to get it, but cannot figure out how to download it. I have tried to go through the Adobe website, which most links have taken me through. I've registered through Adobe and have reached the link for the 2.1 download for mobiles, but this is where I am continually getting stuck. My blackberry does not recognize the file, which has a CAB extension, saying it is an application/octet stream.

This is my first PPC (I guess that's what you'd call it) and I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help!!
    06-27-08 05:49 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

The short answer to your question is, no.

Today there is not Flash player available for BlackBerry phones. We would all like one. There are two possibilities, rumors really. One is that Adobe, who owns Flash may at some point in the future produce a version of Flash for the BlackBerry. I think that his is likely because more and more phones are being used fpr web access and Flash is needed. A big problem is the fixed size of Flash video windows and Adobe will have to solve this before they can release a product.

The second possible candidate is that RIM,who make BlackBerrys build a version of Flash under license but they will have the same problem set as Adobe.

Bottom line: don't hold your breath.
    06-27-08 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

Just in case I AM holding my breath, where is the best place to watch for updates on this topic?

Is it a big enough deal that it would be posted all over this site if they do come out with a flash player?
    06-28-08 06:23 PM
    Just in case I AM holding my breath, where is the best place to watch for updates on this topic?
    As much as this feature has been requested you might even see it on CNN. More likely though every BlackBerry sight in existence, a few that have gone under will come back just to post the news, and Adobe will advertise it online heavy. Don't worry, you'll KNOW when it's ready.
    06-28-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD