I think I killed it.

About 2 months ago I accidentally dropped it in a puddle for 2 seconds. It stopped working but after drying it out it turned back on and it flickered and eventually turned on after more time with lots of drying.

I didn't realize that I probably should have opened it up and cleaned everything out after the drying but since it turned on again, I thought I was in the clear. Especially after seeing a video on Youtube of a blackberry surviving fully under water for over 2 minutes.

Just two days ago tho, it started freaking out and all of a sudden buttons were responding even when I wasn't touching it. It would type ouououououuouououo or hihihihihihihihihihihihihi and it even dialed a number by accident but when I tried to press anything on the keyboard it didn't respond. Now it doesn't do the typing thing but none of the buttons work at all. The light to the screen turns on when I put insert and remove the battery but only the trackball moves and none of the other buttons work. The trackball doesn't respond to the click either.

I am just wondering if it's worth trying to get it fixed? Is there any hope that it will work or am I out of luck? Anyone else have a similar eperience?
    10-19-09 11:17 AM
    You Curve it screwed. You should have put it in a bag of rice right after it happened. IT should have stayed in the bag of rice for at least 2 days.
    10-19-09 11:32 AM
    The bag of rice trick always works!!!!
    10-19-09 11:35 AM
    The bag of rice trick always works!!!!
    Yea but not after two months....your motherboard is probably a fried chicken wing now.
    10-19-09 11:39 AM
    Rust is your enemy and water on a cicuit board is gonna corrode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 11:53 AM
    so can a mother board be replaced?

is it even worth it?
    10-19-09 11:54 AM
    I'm gonna so no it cannot be saved...you are better off getting a replacement or filing an insurance claim.
    10-19-09 12:01 PM
    thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

it's a sad sad day for this crackberry addict.
    10-19-09 12:28 PM
    Drop fido and join the good guys at telus lol. Ill hook u up!
    10-19-09 12:29 PM
    lol. i will definitely look into getting a different BB with a different carrier.

It's just such a shame as the thing turns on no problem, just none of the buttons work.
    10-19-09 03:44 PM
    i would take the thing apart again, remove the keypad asm and clean the whole thing again with contact cleaner

you really have nothing to lose.

if you plan to just chuck the phone i would love to get my hands on it for experience. i notice you are on fido so you must be canadian as am i

please contact me if you want it going to a good home
    10-19-09 05:07 PM
    I believe you have a brick...
    10-19-09 05:31 PM
    It was saved!!!

I brought it to a repair place and it was saved.

So lesson learned. Don't give up.
    11-18-09 03:41 PM
    Good Deal do you know what they did to get it working?
    11-18-09 08:42 PM
    was ther anything on your screen eventhough the buttons did not work.and how did they fix it?
    11-18-09 11:53 PM
    That's great that your BB is alive!
    11-19-09 12:03 AM
    Great time for an upgrade....No excuses now...Sorry....Jumped in the pool with mine last year....50 dollar deductible saved me lots of money. Fill that claim if you can....
    11-21-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD