Hi,
    I have a Curve 8330 from Verizon and was wondering if it was safe to download themes on my phone. I do not want to screw it up and was wondering what themes were the best. I like the themes that copy the Storm os. Thanks!
    03-08-09 11:00 AM
    Yes its safe. Just make sure you know what OS your phone is. options>about

If you have 4.5 get them for OS 4.5 and any theme for the 83xx should work fine. I use this on my 8310 and I love it. Storm like - for OS 4.5

More info about themes-
    BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

Stormlike Theme-
    Bottom Dock 3 Free Precision Zen Themes for Curve OS 4.5 83xx (Boldlike, Stormlike, 8900like) - PimpMyBerry!
    03-08-09 11:06 AM
    I have to register to download it? Also, it is from Spain. Is it available in English and how would I remove it if I would like to go back to default? Thanks!
    03-08-09 11:11 AM
    The creator is from Spain so the sample pics he takes from his PC and theme software are in spanish. I use it and it is in English. Here is the same theme here on CrackBerry

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/3-...00like-148771/

I use the Storm like and the bold like. Love this theme.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-08-09 at 11:19 AM.
    03-08-09 11:14 AM
    IF you dont like the theme or any theme for that matter options>advanced options>applications - find the theme - menu button delete.....

The link I gave you will tell you all you need to know.
    03-08-09 11:15 AM
    Thank you. I think I will just stay with what I have, which is the default theme. I love my BlackBerry Curve too much to screw around with it. Thanks so much though!
    03-08-09 11:20 AM
    Roger that. I added the Verizon default theme to my ATT phone I liked it so much

In time you will be more comfy adding things to the phone, theme install is super simple and safe when you are ready... Extra info here when you have some time . Teaches you alot....

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ecture-series/
    03-08-09 11:24 AM
    I just downloaded the Stormlike theme for my Curve and LOVE IT!!!!!!! It doesn't even slow my phone down at all!!!!! Thank you...I guess BlackBerry's were made to customize!!!
    03-08-09 11:39 AM
    I just downloaded the Stormlike theme for my Curve and LOVE IT!!!!!!! It doesn't even slow my phone down at all!!!!! Thank you...I guess BlackBerry's were made to customize!!!
    Good to hear

The theme is awesome... I upgraded to 4.5 just for this theme (lol) so..... On the 8330 you are unlikely to have any slow downs just for adding a few themes. Should run like a top....... You are welcome and enjoy.
    03-08-09 11:43 AM
    Do I need to set application permissions? Also, how do I check how much memory it is using? Thank you!
    03-08-09 11:51 AM
    Permissions for what?
    You can monitor your memory quickly by hitting options>status or what I do it hit ALT - Shift - H and look at the file free.
    03-08-09 11:52 AM
    Okay thanks. Hardly uses any memory!!! I have the 2.0 memory card. Also, you use the Stormlike theme, right? Do you find the icons small or is it just me?
    03-08-09 11:55 AM
    FYI - Memory cards do nothing for themes. They are for storage only. EX: Ringtones, pictures, video etc. Having a media card is good since it will keep things off the device memory but themes and apps are kept on and run from the device memory. Just letting ya know

Icons look fine to me - its a clean theme compared to many others I have tried...
    03-08-09 11:57 AM
    How do I check the device memory? If I installed this theme and then deleted it will it go back to the default memory space? Thank you!! I like the default theme better
    03-08-09 12:03 PM
    one quick thing is just be careful if you have issues with the device and when you take it into the store if they see that you have a 3rd party application on the device sometimes it does void the warranty if you get a stickler tech at vzw they wil not w3ant to replace it or even work on it .. so just change it before you go in.
    Last edited by jhogan4; 03-08-09 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added more info
    03-08-09 12:04 PM
    Okay thanks I deleted the application anyway so no problem.
    03-08-09 12:06 PM
    one quick thing is just be careful if you have issues with the device and when you take it into the store if they see that you have a 3rd party application on the device sometimes it does void the warranty if you get a stickler tech at vzw they wil not w3ant to replace it or even work on it .. so just change it before you go in.
    You got some bad info. Installing applications will not void your warranty.. If you are having major problems I can see getting rid of some apps before walking into the store with issues and allowing them to blame it on the installed apps but your warranty is intact. If you open the phone then your warranty is toast......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-08-09 at 12:18 PM.
    03-08-09 12:15 PM
    So how would I check the device memory?
    03-08-09 12:51 PM
    Taken from post #11 in this thread

You can monitor your memory quickly by hitting options>status or what I do it hit ALT - Shift - H and look at the file free.
    03-08-09 12:55 PM
    Good to hear

The theme is awesome... I upgraded to 4.5 just for this theme (lol) so..... On the 8330 you are unlikely to have any slow downs just for adding a few themes. Should run like a top....... You are welcome and enjoy.

LOL.... Now that is a Crackberry Addict...... LMAO
    03-08-09 01:02 PM
    I added 2 themes last night and other than it being cooler there are no issues at all. Enjoy your curve.
    03-08-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD