Hey guys,
    I am looking to add one of the themes I found on here to my 8330. The bluetooth isn't working and I can't seem to add it when my BB is plugged into my Macbook. What do you suggest?!

Thanks!
    02-28-09 07:02 PM
    Are you talking about loading a theme from an .ALX file? It must be loaded using DM and Apploader.
    02-28-09 07:03 PM
    okay, I have the theme downloaded in an ALX and OTA, but I just don't know how to put it on my BB. Where can I find desktop manager for a MAC and whats apploader? thanks for the help
    02-28-09 07:38 PM
    There's no BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac. You need to use a Windows based PC for that.

The OTA files (JAD file extension) are meant to be installed Over The Air directly in the BlackBerry Browser on your phone. They can't be installed via the computer.
    02-28-09 07:45 PM
    okay, well i want the bold theme.
    and I just don't know how to get it. Please help!
    02-28-09 07:55 PM
    Here is one I am using if you are on OS 4.5 (verify options>about)

Bottom Dock 3 Free Precision Zen Themes for Curve OS 4.5 83xx (Boldlike, Stormlike, 8900like) - PimpMyBerry!

Also there are a few in the crackberry media/themes section for your phone. Easy way to OTA is when you see the link you want rt click copy and then paste it in an email from your home mail and mail it to you BB, open in the BB and get link and download = done.
    02-28-09 07:57 PM
    i am starting to get frustrated! i have tried everything now...everytime i try and open the page on my BB from my email it just goes to the website that has it.

i copied the .zip files into my email and sent it from my comp, and opened it with my BB and it still happens.

Not sure what else to try.
    suggestions?
    02-28-09 08:24 PM
    This is from the link I posted above.

When you go to the link I posted above it will have a few to select from pick the one you want, in this case the BOLDLIKE - rt click copy link as, that is it. send that to your phone from home if you wish. If you did it will look like this, your BB will see it and open it for download. This is what it looks like when you paste into mail -

http://aneto.an.ohost.de/Precision_B..._83xxOS4_5.jad
    02-28-09 08:27 PM
    okay, i am not sure how you got that because i never get anything when i right click, but i will just use that one.

i pasted into my hotmail account over to my BB, and when i open it doesn't load, so i never get a chance to even click download
    02-28-09 08:37 PM
    options>about........what is your OS on the phone

Here is good info on themes

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ckberry-themes
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-28-09 at 08:45 PM.
    02-28-09 08:43 PM
    i would go to the website via the bb and then download OTA! works for me
    02-28-09 09:19 PM
    ok Tremortality, the download is started, but it moving VERY slow and the first time it failed...but i am trying it again.

the OS is 4.3.0.124...
    02-28-09 09:21 PM
    Do not install that theme..... As I said in my original post about the theme, this is for OS 4.5 only.......

-------------------
    My post from #6
    Here is one I am using if you are on OS 4.5 (verify options>about)

Bottom Dock 3 Free Precision Zen Themes for Curve OS 4.5 83xx (Boldlike, Stormlike, 8900like) - PimpMyBerry!

Also there are a few in the crackberry media/themes section for your phone. Easy way to OTA is when you see the link you want rt click copy and then paste it in an email from your home mail and mail it to you BB, open in the BB and get link and download = done.
    02-28-09 09:23 PM
    You need to find a theme that will be suitable for your OS 4.3 or upgrade your OS to 4.5

Best for you to wait on the upgrade, your on a MAC anyhow as I read so....... I would start looking for 4.3 themes off of this site, pimpmyberry.com or themes4bb.com
    02-28-09 09:26 PM
    okay...i get it now!
    any chance someone can find me a Bold Theme (as I really like it) for my 8300 Curve (4.3)?

Thanks a lot for your help Tremortality!
    02-28-09 09:33 PM
    Good deal, glad we are on the same page now

Not a problem for the help, wish you luck in the search for themes. As long as they are 4.3 you are set....
    02-28-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD