soooo, one of my girls tried downloading a couple new themes to her Sprint CDMA 8330 and after showing to be installed successfully, they do not appear on her theme list. I'm not positive, but i think she's still running 4.3.xxx on her phone. the OS the phone came with. They do show up on the installed application list tho. Previously (like 2 days before) she downloaded a theme just fine, but these new one are no where to be found. any ideas?
    09-25-08 02:06 PM
    If you preform a battery pull when it reboots they should be there. I am not sure why but I have experienced that before.
    09-25-08 02:09 PM
    i had her try doing the ALT+Enter+Del and that didn't do it. I'll tell her to do it the old fashioned way n see what happens. Thank you!!
    09-25-08 02:28 PM
    Are you sure that the themes she is downloading are .alx format
    09-25-08 02:30 PM
    Perhaps a couple of things to look at.

Did you friend download the correct theme for both her device and OS.

Has your friend removed any of the standard BB themes off the device. These are required for third party themes to work
    09-25-08 02:34 PM
    This sounds like it is a theme problem. I reccomend uninstalling the themes, re-booting and starting over. If on the 2nd install the themes still do not display in Options, Themes then I think that the issue is clear.

Try downloading and installing a different theme from say GemBlock: BlackBerry Themes and see if this installs correctly.

It is a little difficult to diagnose a 3rd pary install without seeing the phone.
    09-25-08 02:43 PM
    I would really like to get ride of the Yellow color over the icons as it scrolls. Anyone have any suggestions for some good themes for the 8830 sprint CDMA curve.
    09-25-08 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD