for some reason my BBdesktop manager isn't wanting to let me put on anymore themes onto my BB... :[
    and yet i have a theme that i bought and downloaded perfectly fine.
    infact im using it right now..
    but all the free ones that i download wont work.. and i have NO CLUE as to why they wont..
    any help would be much appreciated. :]

(ps. my OS is at v4.5.0.110)
    04-24-09 07:41 PM
    Are you sure the themes are compatible with your device model and OS version?

Also, check your file free. Options > Status to make sure you haven't run out of memory to load these new themes to.
    04-24-09 07:46 PM
    Are you sure the themes are compatible with your device model and OS version?

Also, check your file free. Options > Status to make sure you haven't run out of memory to load these new themes to.
    all the themes i download say 4.5 only.
    and i have a 16gig mem card... i dont think i ran out of mem...
    04-24-09 07:51 PM
    all the themes i download say 4.5 only.
    and i have a 16gig mem card... i dont think i ran out of mem...
    Your themes can only be downloaded to your BB's internal memory, so even if you have a 32GB card, it doesn't change anything. Check your file free.
    04-24-09 07:56 PM
    Your themes can only be downloaded to your BB's internal memory, so even if you have a 32GB card, it doesn't change anything. Check your file free.
    oh... well, the BB desktop manager wont even let me pull them up on the app loader..
    04-24-09 07:58 PM
    Again I ask, what is your file free on your BB? Options > Status?
    04-24-09 08:01 PM
    umm idk if this is with or without the mem card. but im pretty sure its with.. but it says 10308158 bytes free.
    04-24-09 08:04 PM
    10,308,158 bytes free, is a low number.

If you are under 12 XXX XXX bytes, your BB might start to have frequent hourglassing, freezing, and rebooting.

I'm not sure if it's the reason why DM won't load your themes, but it might be.

How many emails and texts do you have on your Berry? If its hundreds or thousands that's a problem.

Also, from the home screen hold down Alt, then press LGLG. Press Menu, then delete the log.

From Home screen hold down Alt, then Rt Shift, then press Del to reset your BB. After it reboots check your file free again.
    04-24-09 08:08 PM
    i took out the mem card, and deleted the log.
    now it has over 13mil.
    i just re-read this. but when im trying to put the themes on the BB. the Dm says there is nothing found designed for the BB.
    04-24-09 08:17 PM
    I hope this is helpful, if the download on the pc says .jad at the end or it is referred to as OTA , this is for you to download from bb browser only. It must have .alx on the end in order for desktop manager to use it. Hope this helps. Im new to this but I finally got the hang of this.
    04-24-09 08:37 PM
    Yes, .jad is OTA and if it's meant for DM loading, there will be two files .alx and .cod.

I'm addition, many of them are .zip files which are compressed to make downloading faster. The .zip files need to be extracted to their .cod and .alx files before DM can "see" the .alx file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:27 PM
    Christofurious,

13MB still isn't that great. You are going to have to look through your applications and themes and get rid of some stuff or you will soon run into problems with low memory, or laggy performance.

Check out the increase file free link in my non-wap posts above for more ways to increase your file free memory.

04-24-09 09:30 PM
    yeah the files are .alx
    and i dont understand how its a memory problem if its not even letting me try to put the files on the bb.??
    04-24-09 09:34 PM
    It might not be a memory problem, but I made the decision to get your low memory issue addressed before dealing with the minor problem of not being able to load a theme or two to your BB.

04-24-09 09:37 PM
    alright..??? something all of a sudden worked... and idk how. but it does.. hahah i think it was because i never properly extracted the files..
    04-24-09 09:39 PM
    In Apploader, you need to click on Browse and navigate to where the .alx file is. Then click Next.

04-24-09 09:40 PM
    i already knew that.. but no worries. its working now.
    04-24-09 09:44 PM
    You need to keep an eye on your file free now and then.

You still need to do some housekeeping to get yourself some breathing room.

04-24-09 09:47 PM
    yeah i noticed. haha. im looking at the mem clean up right now. thanks alot dude. :]
    04-24-09 09:54 PM
    No problem.

04-24-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD