Ok, since I do not feel like going through the same trouble as I did before when I first installed OS 4.5.0.52 and tried to switch the default tmobile theme over to the surreal theme I had and be stuck in reboot cycle.
    Are there any themes out there that are safe to run on 4.5.0.52? If so what are they and how can I tell if they will work or if they will cause problems?

Thanks Again Guys/Gals,
    Donnie
    07-11-08 11:47 PM
    I've seen people that make theme say that no custom themes will work with OS 4.5. However, I have custom themes that work just fine. So, to answer your question, I believe all themes will work.
    07-11-08 11:50 PM
    I've seen people that make theme say that no custom themes will work with OS 4.5. However, I have custom themes that work just fine. So, to answer your question, I believe all themes will work.
    not so. 4.3 and 4.3 themes have to be ported to 4.5

use a trustworthy site where the creators clearly label or otherwise segregate their 4.5 themes from the others. blueroomsolution.com is a good one.
    07-11-08 11:57 PM
    thanks will be on the look out and keep looking then.
    Will check out that website Oakie.
    Yeah I know the surreal one is the one that caused me issues and bricked my Curve for a bit. I think stargazzer as well will cause issues from what I think I saw posted earlier when I was searching on how to undork my BB.
    07-12-08 12:05 AM
    thanks will be on the look out and keep looking then.
    Will check out that website Oakie.
    Yeah I know the surreal one is the one that caused me issues and bricked my Curve for a bit. I think stargazzer as well will cause issues from what I think I saw posted earlier when I was searching on how to undork my BB.
    just avoid any theme that doesnt specifically state "works with OS4.5 only"
    07-12-08 12:08 AM
    Here is an OTA for the Today- Plus Theme: It's the only one I use. Also, it's for all Curves and I'm using 4.5.0.52

Ok, since I do not feel like going through the same trouble as I did before when I first installed OS 4.5.0.52 and tried to switch the default tmobile theme over to the surreal theme I had and be stuck in reboot cycle.
    Are there any themes out there that are safe to run on 4.5.0.52? If so what are they and how can I tell if they will work or if they will cause problems?

Thanks Again Guys/Gals,
    Donnie
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 07-12-08 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Hyperlink the OTA
    07-12-08 12:15 AM
    Have .52 have had only one problem with custom theme, and that was the bbDimensionTodayPlus theme, all others work great. No probs with any from this site at all. Good luck

07-12-08 12:45 AM
    I have a few versions of a custom theme I had made for 4.2... They all work with 4.5... I didn't even know there was an issue...
    07-12-08 01:13 AM
    Have .52 have had only one problem with custom theme, and that was the bbDimensionTodayPlus theme, all others work great. No probs with any from this site at all. Good luck

I've used it everyday starting with .42, .46, and .52 betas. I'm currently using. 52 now. Use it, don't use it. If it works, whoopee. If it doesn't, simply delete and continue the search.
    07-12-08 01:15 AM
    just avoid any theme that doesnt specifically state "works with OS4.5 only"
    I have to disagree to a point. My wife has a custom theme in which the creator stated that the theme will only work with version 4.2. It works just fine. I have also downloaded various themes from different sites which have no specification as to what OS they will or will not work on and they are fine. As far as 4.3, I have no idea, and can't attest to anything in that regard.
    07-12-08 01:19 AM
    I have used every OS starting with 4.2.2.170, all the 4.3's and all the 4.5's. My 3rd party theme selection has not changed, it's just 4 and they all worked flawlessly no matter the OS. Didn't leak, lock up my system, conflict with anything. They just worked.
    And they are all listed as being for 4.2
    07-12-08 01:43 AM
    I am the L theme right now and I have used the Bold U on .52 with no issues other then the BB Messenger not working
    07-12-08 02:07 AM
    I have to disagree to a point. My wife has a custom theme in which the creator stated that the theme will only work with version 4.2. It works just fine. I have also downloaded various themes from different sites which have no specification as to what OS they will or will not work on and they are fine. As far as 4.3, I have no idea, and can't attest to anything in that regard.
    but the occassional theme has caused some pretty disastrous effects when things go wrong.

and based on the OP who was one of them, it sounds like he'd rather err on the side of caution to prevent that from happening again. hence why i gave him the answer that i did and a place to go and get them.
    Last edited by oakie; 07-12-08 at 03:24 AM.
    07-12-08 03:22 AM
    Thanks everyone do appreciate all the feedback.
    Probably will proceed with caution since it does not look like there is a straight solid answer at all since some have no issues and others have issues.

Thanks Everyone
    07-12-08 03:48 AM
    but the occassional theme has caused some pretty disastrous effects when things go wrong.

and based on the OP who was one of them, it sounds like he'd rather err on the side of caution to prevent that from happening again. hence why i gave him the answer that i did and a place to go and get them.
    Oh no, I totally agree. And that is probably the best advice. But I just wanted to make clear to the OP that some people on other sites were spreading mis-information. I agree with your advice sir.
    07-12-08 06:21 AM

I use this with my curve 8310 OS 4.5.0.52 it works fine except every time I do a battery pull to re-boot..the theme comes back up default...so I have to hide and rearrange my icons ...that suxs
    Last edited by tbird; 07-13-08 at 05:52 AM.
    07-13-08 05:50 AM
    BlackBerryTrade.com Mobile - Themes 320x240

Those work on my 8330 with 4.5

07-13-08 06:19 AM
    i have found that some today themes don't display the appointments since i went up to 4.5.0.51
    07-13-08 06:59 AM
    I use the BB 9000 L Theme....its a plazmic theme and it works fine with .52
    07-13-08 09:28 AM
    I have found most today themes do not display all the calendar entries when running 4.5, they only display the default email's calendar.

07-13-08 01:23 PM
    Blacklatino, does that today plus them display all the calendar entries, or only the default email's?

07-13-08 01:28 PM
    Today plus displays everything correctly but every time you reset or do a battery pull, the icons are reset.

07-13-08 05:22 PM
    I changed to .52 as well. So far I've had zero issue with themes except for the one I'm on now. Its a bottom dock. Just be aware that Bottom Docks only work with 4.5 as far as I know.

07-13-08 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD