Just wondering for those who have 5.0, are your themes working properly? I have the Curve 8900 Replica theme, and it works fine except I can't scroll horizontally on the homepage (I have to scroll up/down to move left/right). This doesn't occur when the applications page is open, only when on the homepage.

Does anyone have a similar theme that is functioning properly? Or any other theme that works?
    09-29-09 08:20 PM
    Well Im using the same theme you are and having the same problem. Its probably the theme and not the OS, but I have the Fallout3 PipBoy theme and it works just fine also. Im going to reinstall the OS on my BB tonight due to some other issues and maybe it will start to work normally on the homescreen. Ill let you know.
    09-29-09 09:51 PM
    Most of the "horizontal" bottom ones tend to force you to scroll up/down. Most likely a change in what 5.0 see's in the theme file, and what 4.5 coded it as for the original design.

Probably going to see a lot of updates once its officially out
    09-29-09 10:03 PM
    yeah i am getting the same probelm but i am more then willling to work past this then to ahve camera problems and everything else like i did with my storm now my storm just sits on the computer desk gathering dust.. lol
    09-30-09 11:41 AM
    yep same problem here, not the end of the world, hopefully someone will find a fix or a 5.0 version of the Replica theme.
    10-02-09 03:42 PM
    there is a fix...you have to add the 8520 goodies folder posted by mrweeedbirdman in the 5.0 OS forum...then you just use bbsak to load it up and its all fixed... heres the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/852...s5-0-a-325635/
    10-02-09 04:28 PM
    Have the same issue with other themes. Another small thing i noticed with some themes when the clock is up you cannot see the screen to set the time for the alarm clock. I need to change themes, make the changes, and change back.
    10-02-09 05:35 PM
    Be sure to look at your memory usage as well with some of those themes. I have had a grave issue in using Desktop Manager for anything, including deleting apps or even adding a theme. It keeps giving me the error message that I have no space to install or delete if you can believe that.

When I use the new Memory manager (found when you use the BBbutton over the Music icon) it shows and displays (what would more than likely on earlier OS's) a pretty substantial amount of space for installation.

Still very perplexed on that whole issue as I have even switched to the default BB themes (which do include the elusive Music icon which other theme sets cannot seem to find) with even better use of memory, but still not enough I guess for Desktop Manager to do any functionality.
    10-02-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD