I never really saw the HUGE following with downloading themes. I really liked the ones that my phone came with originally. The default themes come with everything that you really need. Then today I was looking around online at Blacksberry.org and found a theme for a video game that I really liked. I don't play many video games, but I really like the Call of Duty 4 for the xBox360. I downloaded it and started playing with it. I had to change my icons that were avail and hide the ones that I don't use like the password keeper and GPS maps and such, but I am really starting to come along with this. I figured I would start a thread and let everyone know that is new to the Curve that if you are getting tired of the same ole same ole, download a new theme. It makes your usual phone almost like a new one.

I guess my next question is has anyone else had an exp. like mine?
    03-03-09 02:32 PM
    As for me, I don't feel switching Themes makes my phone feel like "new". Because it's still enclosed in cheap plastic, squeaking housing that indefinitely makes my Curve feel cheap/old.

However, the only reason why I use different theme is that it's faster and snappier than the Default (or any other downloadable) themes.

This is the (FREE) theme I use: FREE THEME: Azul (A touch of blue) for Curve 83xx 4.5 OS | CrackBerry.com
    03-03-09 02:39 PM
    I didn't know that a new theme could make your berry run faster.... how does it work...... or is it one of those "It just does" kinda things??
    03-03-09 02:42 PM
    OS upgrades have a more significant effect on how fast your BB is. I highly recommend the 4.5.0.131 Sprint OS.
    03-03-09 02:44 PM
    It "doesn't" but I've tried other (FREE) themes (from Crackberry blogs) and this Azul one feel faster in menu pop-ups and especially in Symbol pop-ups.

It just "feels" faster. I do recommend trying out the theme.

Oh, I also use .131 OS, if that makes any difference.
    03-03-09 02:46 PM
    I had that theme on my phone for a few weeks. Then I made my own theme. I am now working on a second one that I hope to have out some day soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 03:25 PM
    How do you make your own theme? Is there a program that helps with it, where do you get it?
    03-03-09 03:54 PM
    Plazmic is the program you use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 04:07 PM
    how do u get the themes from online
    03-03-09 06:30 PM
    you have to get the OTA link.........
    03-03-09 07:05 PM
    Because it's still enclosed in cheap plastic, squeaking housing that indefinitely makes my Curve feel cheap/old.
    thank god i'm not the only one that experiences this.
    03-03-09 07:42 PM
    For me the Themes have never been about a "theme" per say. It's usually about icon size, how easy they are to interpret, number of icons available on the home screen, icon placement, and other info I'd like to see on the home screen. Then I set the image I want as the background/wallpaper.
    03-03-09 07:48 PM
    The way I set them out is that I just hope that all my wallpapers I switch threw can easily be seen and the icons and everything are nice
    03-03-09 08:38 PM
    The way I set them out is that I just hope that all my wallpapers I switch threw can easily be seen and the icons and everything are nice
    I agree, that is why I was so happy with the original theme packs. I like the "L" shaped home screen. It would allow me to put several apps that I use every day on the front screen and no more searching for them.

I am going to play with this plazmic app and see if I can't make something that will suit me better. I have the prog downloaded though I am not sure if it supports Mac OS or not. I guess I will find out.......
    03-04-09 10:51 AM
    And the answer to my question is NO, the program isn't compatible with Mac OS, does anyone know of a program that you can make theme packs with that is compatible with Mac OS??

Love the security of my Mac, though hate that nobody makes programs for it. And definitely don't want to have to run parallels on my computer in order to run Windows programs. I got a MacBook Pro so that I NEVER have to use windows OS again!!!
    03-04-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD