So today I was installing VZAccess Manager and Black Berry Manager and it kept asking for a password of some sort.....So I tried my lock password on my phone and that was not it and I tried a couple other attempts...nothing but ate up passwords

so I call VW and they get me to try some stuff and nothing works
    Phone is whipped clean no software at all on there.

So now still on the phone with VW and they tell me that they can send me a new phone. Be Monday before its here so much for my bday this weekend I wont have a phone that works....

Really really what the heck am I suppose to do now.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-02-09 at 10:25 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-02-09 06:23 PM
    Not sure I understand your current situation. Is your phone rendered useless at this point? How did it get wiped?
    07-02-09 06:37 PM
    Basically while trying to figure out what password the software was asking for the VW person kept telling me to enter this and that and there were only 10 attempts. So when I pick up my cellphone it says you have one attempt enter "blackberry" in which you spell out and then your phone unlock password which i entered as per the tech on the phone and then it said wiping and now there is no cellphone software blackberry software or anything phone wont even cut on there is nothing there but an error 513

so yes the phone is a paperweight
    07-02-09 06:42 PM
    This happened to me also, I tried to connect my phone to desktop manager and it asked for a password. I couldn't figure out what password so after the
    last attempt failed it began wiping my phone.

I called VZ and they had me take my battery out (leave it out) and reinstall the os to my phone. It took about an hour to get my phone back on, good luck
    07-02-09 06:49 PM
    So today I was installing VZAccess Manager and Black Berry Manager and it kept asking for a password of some sort.....So I tried my lock password on my phone and that was not it and I tried a couple other attempts...nothing but ate up passwords

so I call VW and they get me to try some stuff and nothing works
    Phone is whipped clean no software at all on there.

So now still on the phone with VW and they tell me that they can send me a new phone. Be Monday before its here so much for my bday this weekend I wont have a phone that works....

Really really what the heck am I suppose to do now.
    Interesting - at least the tech tried with some passwords that may have worked. Once the phone goes into this scenario, it is all but certain it will wipe and do what it did. So with this mind, you could have entered 10 passwords of YOUR choosing and then just blamed yourself rather than the tech.

You called for help, either way this would have happened.

Good luck and I hope all works well the replacement.
    07-02-09 06:55 PM
    Bought this phone on the 23rd of May I really think they should give me a new phone....instead of me having to do all this crap.....now im sitting on a friends phone eating up their mins because of this crap...contacts are lost they are gone wont have them when i reinstall so why not make it easier for me since verizon screwed me
    07-02-09 06:56 PM
    Bought this phone on the 23rd of May I really think they should give me a new phone....instead of me having to do all this crap.....now im sitting on a friends phone eating up their mins because of this crap...contacts are lost they are gone wont have them when i reinstall so why not make it easier for me since verizon screwed me
    Okay this is way it works. you have 30 days in which the device would be replaced with a new one. After that the MFG warr kicks in. This is get you back into a device quicker or the your option is this, send your device to the mfg, they tear it apart and replace what is needed. You get it back in abouy 6 weeks. oh rebuilt and no contacts or data on it.

Now as an infomred customer, I am sure you either sync'd or backed up your device? NO? then you get to put all back in manually. I advise in the future, that you sync or backup asap and often.

If you have your phone prior to BB device, then the store can pull contacts from that and put them in your BB device. Oh did I mention, back it up.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-02-09 at 07:01 PM.
    07-02-09 06:59 PM
    I was gonna recommend an OS load also but yeah, you could ask them to get involved and take care of it. Either way, unless you did a backup, you're going to lose your contacts etc. Only diff is that you'll have a phone with the OS preloaded. Sorry about the misfortune.
    07-02-09 07:00 PM
    they should know the software if they didnt we could have tried something different....i could unlock the phone itself before that last attempt so

SURE BLAME IT ON ME AS IT BEING MY FAULt
    07-02-09 07:01 PM
    take it to the store!!!!!!! They should be able to help you load an OS on it
    07-02-09 07:02 PM
    One the phone goes into asking for password, there is no unlocking it. If you knowof way I am all eyes and waiting to how. If you knew this then why did you let the rep continue or even call at all?
    07-02-09 07:03 PM
    take it to the store!!!!!!! They should be able to help you load an OS on it
    Most stores will not have the capacity to re-load an OS. I have done this on many occassion after this type of misfortune. The device gets replaced.
    07-02-09 07:04 PM
    Again not my fault they dont know the software if they didnt know what they were doing they should not have tried.....now I have to wait til monday for a new phone really....what a joke
    07-02-09 07:08 PM
    i know how to unlock the cell phone itself

blackberry desktop kept asking for password so they phone wasnt even locked at that time i could still play on it until it hit the 9th attempt then it locked the phone up and i did what they told me and it wiped it clean
    07-02-09 07:09 PM
    Some Verizon stores keep refurbs in stock and will give you one on the spot. If there's any still open nearby, give them a call. Unless you already have one on the way that is.
    07-02-09 07:12 PM
    I shouldnt have to have a refurb phone when this is 5 weeks old
    07-02-09 07:13 PM
    Then make your case and best of luck to you. I sure don't make the rules, just trying to help.
    07-02-09 07:16 PM
    So ah, if you buy a new car and the cam shaft goes kaboom after weeks, do you expect the dealer to give another new car?
    07-02-09 07:17 PM
    i know how to unlock the cell phone itself

blackberry desktop kept asking for password so they phone wasnt even locked at that time i could still play on it until it hit the 9th attempt then it locked the phone up and i did what they told me and it wiped it clean
    Then I will ask again - if you know how, why did you let it get as far as it did?
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-02-09 at 07:23 PM.
    07-02-09 07:18 PM
    it was the software eating up the passwords and i tried entering that password

you act like Im an *****
    07-02-09 07:20 PM
    it was the software eating up the passwords and i tried entering that password

you act like Im an *****
    NOT even going there
    07-02-09 07:24 PM
    pointless even coming here for advice or help when either you dont understand where Im coming from what im trying to say or just wanna make me feel dumb
    07-02-09 07:28 PM
    As a reminder when you get your new phone, your issue is with your password being enabled when you use the BB desktop manager. YOU MUST DISABLE your Security Password prior to using the BB desktop manager. The tech's should have informed you of this at Verizon. Once you finish doing whatever you need to do with the desktop manager, you can place your password back on the phone. Hope this helps!!
    07-02-09 08:08 PM
    This was not my intent- my intent was to show that you want/deserve something you do not.

You are the one that comes off and says VZW wiped your phone. You called them for help and blame them for wiping your phone.

I have informed you that it would have done this whether you called or not. You could have coNtinued with passwords that you thought were right. Bottomline the device would get wiped.

You state that you could have unlocked the phone, but yet you have have not answered my questions. How and why did you proceed?

If you think I do not understand where you are coming from, explain it another way.

I will let you know, that I do tech these devices for living and I not saying I am perfect. It is however, aggrivating blaming the rep/company for something that could not be avoided and then expect a new device. I have tried to explain how thee warranty process works and why you got a refurb device. You come back and say this in part make you like an Idi0t.

Let me say this one more time, in plain english.

1. you are not an Idi0t

2. the wipe coupld not have been prevented.
    07-02-09 08:15 PM
    As a reminder when you get your new phone, your issue is with your password being enabled when you use the BB desktop manager. YOU MUST DISABLE your Security Password prior to using the BB desktop manager. The tech's should have informed you of this at Verizon. Once you finish doing whatever you need to do with the desktop manager, you can place your password back on the phone. Hope this helps!!
    If this was the case, the OP's password would have been accepted.
    07-02-09 08:16 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD