What's the deal with the screen resolution not being right. Whenever I go to use the 4.3.0 manager, it says to change my screen resolution needs to be reset to 1024x786. I don't own the biggest desktop monitor screen and this makes it hard for me to see. Anybody know of any fixes BTW this took me like 2 hours to download

I thought that these Blackberry's were state of the art

thanks to all whom reply!
    12-31-07 04:35 PM
    Blackberrys are state of the art but RIM's server is very slow.

What screen resolution are you using? Try different screen reolutions and see if you can find another one that works.
    12-31-07 06:06 PM
    That seems weird. I'm using version 4.3.0.15 and my screen resolution is 1680 x 1050 and I have not seen that problem crop up.

If you're running Vista or XP, have you tried running the desktop manager in compatability mode for an older OS?

Just thinking out loud for ya.
    12-31-07 06:16 PM
    How do I do run it in compatibility mode?? I'm running Windows XP Home edition. I have the same version as you, emptydarkone.
    Last edited by UnemployedWorker; 01-01-08 at 10:27 PM.
    01-01-08 10:20 PM
    Blackberrys are state of the art but RIM's server is very slow.

What screen resolution are you using? Try different screen reolutions and see if you can find another one that works.
    I did try to change it and the desktop manager demanded 1024x768. I have it currently set to 800x600 and it's a big hassle anyway; changing the screen resolution is what I want to avoid because it makes all my icon's smaller and difficult to read.
    01-01-08 10:25 PM
    What's your normal resolution when you not running Desktop Manager.
    If it is 800x600 you will have to change it.
    01-01-08 10:26 PM
    oh, that stinks... did you have the same problem amusic?
    01-01-08 10:29 PM
    Most things these days require at least 1024 x 768. You should set your resolution to this, then use the Windows display options to increase your icon and font sizes to make reading easier. This is your best solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-08 05:30 AM
    How do I do run it in compatibility mode?? I'm running Windows XP Home edition. I have the same version as you, emptydarkone.
    I don't know how big your monitor is, but I'm assuming since you say it's not that large that it is 17" or under. It will take you a while to get used to a higher resolution, but it is worth it. It will enable you to see more 'real estate' on your screen, and it's easier to see web pages without a lot of side to side scrolling. I know it's not always easy to upgrade to a larger monitor, but may be something to look forward to in the future. I finally got myself a 22" widescreen after running a 19" widescreen for about a year. I did away with the CRT monitors because they take up too much desk space, especially if you have a 19" like I did. Also the 19" CRT weighed in at 47 Lbs!

That being said, here is how to run in compatibility mode, but use at your own risk. I implore you to try to get used to the higher resolution first. Don't just try it for a couple of hours, you need to try for at least a week straight (no matter how much it bugs you) and after that week, look at the lower resolution and see which is easier to use. The difference will be remarkable.

Anyway: Computer -> 'C' drive -> Program files -> Research In Motion -> Blackberry -> Find the DesktopMgr application, right click on it, and go to 'Properties'. Compatibility tab, and choose which mode you want.

This may or may not help. After thinking about it a bit, I doubt it will, but I'm answering your question anyway. This also works for many older applications that may be built for Windows 95 or 98 if they don't run on your XP or Vista machine.
    01-02-08 12:22 PM
    okay, Emptydarkone, I'll give it a try! I'll let you know if it worked
    01-03-08 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD