When I text or recieve a text that is long than a page it goes out or comes in as sepearate texts!!!??? I went to options and made sure the auto text was on like the interent said but that didnt fix anything...can someone help? My friend has a pearl and she says hers stay all on the same page normally!
    07-26-08 03:50 PM
    Standard text messages are limited to 160 7-bit characters. That's the SMS standard. To get around this, some carriers implement extended SMS, which lets you send up to 6 160 char messages. Auto text has nothing to do with it. Implementation of extended SMS varies by carrier. The way long texts are received also depends on the carrier. I cannot send messages longer than 160 chars, but I can receive longer ones, broken into 160 char pieces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 04:06 PM
    Standard text messages are limited to 160 7-bit characters. That's the SMS standard. To get around this, some carriers implement extended SMS, which lets you send up to 6 160 char messages. Auto text has nothing to do with it. Implementation of extended SMS varies by carrier. The way long texts are received also depends on the carrier. I cannot send messages longer than 160 chars, but I can receive longer ones, broken into 160 char pieces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    which sux cause Im on verizon also and my EnV used to be able to send up to 7 160 character sms an my treo before this an also my Curve I have now can only do 160 character sms. I can receive the 6 broken down messages though at once. One thing I hate about sms on a smartphone with Verizon
    07-26-08 04:48 PM
    I am a big beliver. SMS stands for SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE. if you need to write a book, then send an email or call the person

Just a personal opion.

If you are going to shoot, please warn me first so I can duck
    07-26-08 04:52 PM
    I am a big beliver. SMS stands for SHORT MESSAGE SERVICE. if you need to write a book, then send an email or call the person

Just a personal opion.

If you are going to shoot, please warn me first so I can duck
    I agree 100%.....
    07-26-08 04:56 PM
    It sucks because since im having issues receiving texts then I only get the first page and not the second or the second and not the first!
    07-26-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD