I'll receive sms text. and when i go to reply i'll begin typing but after a few words it just starts erasing everything that i've typed out. or if i hit delete to fix a misspelling. it will begin to erase everything.

i haven't installed anything or taken any pictures/videos/themes recently.

just started doing this tdoay

why is this doing this? and what can i do to fix it?
    10-21-09 06:32 PM
    Is your delete key sticking? Maybe there is some debris around the key causing it to stick. Try cleaning with a small amount of alcohol on a qtip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 06:38 PM
    Is your delete key sticking? Maybe there is some debris around the key causing it to stick. Try cleaning with a small amount of alcohol on a qtip.

ill try that, but it will begin to erase sometimes after i type a few words even without hitting the delete key
    10-21-09 08:05 PM
    Have you checked your free memory? Options>status>file free. Battery pulls will reset your file free.

10-21-09 08:32 PM
    Another thing you may want to look at is your Auto Text option. Press menu and look for Auto Text. I know for fact if you type an autotext entry (ie. gp meaning 'going to the park') and if you tried to change park to 'poll', it will delete the entire entry. Don't know if this is what's happening on your BB but it does lend itself to deleting text. HTH
    10-21-09 08:37 PM
    Have you checked your free memory? Options>status>file free. Battery pulls will reset your file free.

42167988 bytes , did battery pull....solved the erasing after a few words,but as soon i hit delete, it does nothing. then hit it again and it erases everything i typed.
    10-21-09 08:38 PM
    fixed, didnt sound as if it was sticking but it must've been. took a little bit of rbbing alcohol to it. fixed it. thx
    10-21-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD