I have the 8330 Curve with Verizon service and have been EXTREMELY frustrated with texting to iphones. It causes my phone to freeze when I hit send and then when it is sent it takes a while before I can navigate to a new message or out of SMS all together. Is anyone experiencing something like this? I have heard others speak of having the same problem, however I haven't heard any ideas for a solution... Any help would be much appreciated!!
    06-14-09 03:06 PM
    I don't think it has anything to do with your recipient's phone.

There are a few tricks:

1. Limit the length of time that your bb stores your sms messages. I believe the default is unlimited.

2. Reduce the # of messages that are displayed in the current string. I believe this is under options. Set it to anything under 10.

3. Open up a newly received message from this person and click the bb button and click remove history.

This delay is caused when you are sending and receiving a lot of sms messages with one person. I have to do this a lot with my girlfriend.

If those don't help, let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 05:22 PM
    I text approx 50 SMS at a clip to an iPhone and never had a slow down or freeze up. You should try the excellent advice posted above.
    06-14-09 06:14 PM
    yeah i text my buddy who has an iphone all the time...
    06-14-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD