Hello All!

New Blackberry Curve user here! I have only had the phone for 2days, I just got rid of my Treo Palm 700 TouchScreen. Oh boy I miss it

Anyway my question is about the organization of text messages. With my treo, i used to have seperate folders. For ex. Inbox, Sent, Outbox, Drafts and that was it. Each text was automatically put into its folder. On the Curve is there a way to have the sent messages in a sent folder and inbox put into an inbox folder???

The way i have it set up right now is that all my inbox/sent messages are shown together in like a list formation. I just want it a tad more organized and each text put into its own individual folder. Please help me out !!!!
    Thanks

Oh an BTW I do like the blackberry so far. I find the Internet is a tad slower than my Treo but it's ok. Im trying to deal with it the best I can LoL
    03-29-09 02:01 PM
    hello and welcome to cb!!!
    if you go to your message box and hit menu and then hit view folder, it shows all the folder, in/ out..etc. you should check out the 101 lecture series.. LOT of good info there!
    oops forgot the link
    BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    03-29-09 02:04 PM
    You can seperate emails and textsd and have a seperate icon for each..

messages, options, general options, seperate email and SMS then save

You can also hide your sent texts in the same screen, and also view sent emails, sms etc by going to messages, menu key, view folders.. but there wont be an icon for sent messages..

Is that what you needed?
    03-29-09 02:06 PM
    OK I will try that!

But!, When I click on messages, is there a way to set it so its not in a list formation?

Like i want it to look like this when i click on messages

Inbox
    Sent
    Outbox
    Drafts

This way if i just want to read my sent, i can quickly click an see them, rather then having them mixed together in a long list and me having to keep scrolling to find which text Id like to read..
    03-29-09 02:07 PM
    It wont look like that nope. Sorry..

A few shortcuts./.

while in messages.. alt o - shows all outgoing
    alt p - phone
    alt i - inbox
    alt m - mms
    alt s - sms

check it out, play around with it, it takes a lil while to get used to after loving another phone so much..
    03-29-09 02:10 PM
    Alright, I will try those hints that you gave me. I guess Ill just leave the texts in the list form. Thanks!

Yeah I heard there are alot of shortcuts from the guy at sprint, im just trying to mess around with it.

I would like to add a new them, yet im still in the process of learning where to get them, how to add them an so on.

I miss the touch screen a little, but never really used it much anyway so Im doing fine without it.
    03-29-09 02:21 PM
    also while in any sort of list or page, "t" and "b" take you to the top and bottom, respectively. give it time, and im sure you will find a special place in your heart for your berry!
    03-29-09 02:23 PM
    Hey Thanks!
    That shortcut seems quick an easy

Does anyone have AIM on their Berry?
    When I went to AIM on the internet, I tried to DL it for my BB an it said that I couldn't. Then When I tried it from the sprint site, it said it was going to cost me $2.99 a month?

Can someone explain how it works or maybe how I can get it free?
    03-29-09 02:30 PM
    You (I think) can get that from mobile.blackberry.com on your BB browser, there is also other IM programs there, I *think* it may be there but havnt specifically looked for that one as I dont use it. Google will also help you out also..
    03-29-09 04:16 PM
    You (I think) can get that from mobile.blackberry.com on your BB browser, there is also other IM programs there, I *think* it may be there but havnt specifically looked for that one as I dont use it. Google will also help you out also..
    You can get AIM from there, you're right Rachel...
    03-29-09 04:18 PM
    I thought so,

I think the best advice I can give, is just sit and play around with your phone, you cant really mess anything up unless you hit save, thats how I learned alot, poked around in there and backed right out, figured out alot of shortcuts etc.. and lurked on here and the newbie section too. It's really not a complicated phone at all.
    03-29-09 04:19 PM
    It looks like you've gotten some good advice from these folks...but if I may, weigh in on your frustration.

I had a Treo 650 and got a Curve. I researched this site and asked questions and drove everyone nuts for a month before jumping to the Curve. After 3 days I packed the thing up frustrated as H*ll and got in my car to drive it back to return it for another Sony product. Halfway there I thought "ok, relax man, calm down, there's just a learning curve" (pun intended, please laugh). I turned the car around and went back home and decided to give it a few more days.

Now I'm really glad I did. It was frustrating getting things settled and finding out where things were ("hey wait, the ringtones are usually over here....what are they doing HERE?!")

I tell people it's kind of like going from Windows to Mac. It takes some time to learn where stuff is, and retrain the mind. But once you do, you realize that the new way really is the better way.

Give it some bud, and if you get really frustrated, put it down and come back to it later. I've solved a lot of computer troubles by walking away for a bit.
    03-29-09 04:28 PM
    It looks like you've gotten some good advice from these folks...but if I may, weigh in on your frustration.

I had a Treo 650 and got a Curve. I researched this site and asked questions and drove everyone nuts for a month before jumping to the Curve. After 3 days I packed the thing up frustrated as H*ll and got in my car to drive it back to return it for another Sony product. Halfway there I thought "ok, relax man, calm down, there's just a learning curve" (pun intended, please laugh). I turned the car around and went back home and decided to give it a few more days.

Now I'm really glad I did. It was frustrating getting things settled and finding out where things were ("hey wait, the ringtones are usually over here....what are they doing HERE?!")

I tell people it's kind of like going from Windows to Mac. It takes some time to learn where stuff is, and retrain the mind. But once you do, you realize that the new way really is the better way.

Give it some bud, and if you get really frustrated, put it down and come back to it later. I've solved a lot of computer troubles by walking away for a bit.
    LOL I reboot and curse. That helps too. I think.
    03-29-09 04:30 PM

Nice post Sultan...
    03-29-09 04:31 PM
    Nice post Sultan...
    lol and I mentioned it in my facebook status
    03-29-09 04:33 PM
    Thanks everyone for all the tips!

I find myself poking at it throughout the day here an there. I got the basics down, for ex. texting, adding contacts, calling, email, internet an so on.

I think its juss the changes to the settings, like the style of things, an stuff that ill have to figure out in due time..

I will try that website for AIM an let u guys know how I make out !!

Thanks a bunch!

Oh an yeah I had butterflies getting rid of my treo, i had it for 2yrs an was so addicted that i juss couldnt part with getting rid of it. The problem was It had gained this obnoxious problem where it would freeze for like 2 hours an then finally turn back on!!!! Was the most annoying problem EVER!!!

I can def find myself getting addicted an used of the curve lol
    03-29-09 07:19 PM
    It really is an awesome phone.. I got my first in September, 3 weeks later it *broke* I grabbed my keys and zipped down to the tmobile and again paid full price for it, came home, calmed down, managed to FIX my other one, then my fiance had it.. now we both have 8330 as we changed to sprint a month ago.. so in essence, Im on my 3rd since september LOL its awesome, and Ive NEVER been all *geeky* over a phone for that matter, but I am about my curve LOL
    03-29-09 07:23 PM
    I JUSS DOWNLOADED AIM!!! YAY!!!!

Anyway, yeah I like the curve so far..no issues at all. well hard for me to really judge it since i only had it for 3 days! lol

Im really excited over being able to get cases for it and ringtones. I was unable to do that with my treo. So it was a bit basic and blah!

I am worried about the trackball, since lots of friends have had issues with it getting stuck, and falling out. So im trying to be extra gentle an careful.

Also, quick question, does anyone know how long the video recorder actually records for?? My video on the treo never had a limit so im juss curious.
    03-29-09 07:26 PM
    Depends on the size of the memory card you have I beleie, and the size of the memory card is dependant on what Operating System you have.. you can do a search to find out those specs, or someone will post that info..

Im out for the night, good luck, have fun tinkering with your phone, and read up here
    03-29-09 07:30 PM
    the size of the memory card is dependant on what Operating System you have.. you can do a search to find out those specs, or someone will post that info..

Im out for the night, good luck, have fun tinkering with your phone, and read up here
    I will post the card/OS info for ya Rachel

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and later Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and later Up to 32 GB
    03-29-09 07:31 PM
    Getting a BB is kind of like moving to a new town. At first you can't find your way around. Then you learn the main roads around town (like making phones calls and texting). Then you start discovering short cuts and it's like, WOW, I didn't know that road went here! (Just like the shortcuts on your BB). I'm a former Treo user and was completely frustrated at first. No regrets now. Hang in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GynormousMellon; 03-29-09 at 10:15 PM.
    03-29-09 10:06 PM
    Hi All!

Quick question with my internet browser. It was working fine since ive had the phone which has only been a week. BUT today i clicked on it and now it comes up with a box that says...

"The returned page had no content type, and therefore cannot be processed."

how do i fix this????
    04-01-09 11:39 PM
    Hi All!

Quick question with my internet browser. It was working fine since ive had the phone which has only been a week. BUT today i clicked on it and now it comes up with a box that says...

"The returned page had no content type, and therefore cannot be processed."

how do i fix this????
    First try a battery pull, then report back, what website or type of website are you trying to visit?
    04-01-09 11:45 PM
    OK i will try to take the battery out..

the only website ive visited was msn, cnn, and that its. i looked at those 2 yesterday an then just a few hours ago that error came up.

Im still able to use aim and myspace tho, its just the actual internet browser. the error comes up once i click on it to activate the internet.
    04-01-09 11:54 PM
    OK I figured out the internet problem. All i did was clear my history and it worked.

Also quick question about AIM. I DL'd the one from the blackberry website, and its very simple. I am not allowed to ready away messages, I cant see when people are mobile.All it shows is my buddylist and those that are "away" and available. I can chat but its all very simple and plain.

Does anyone know a website where I can DL a better up to date version for free? I would appreciate it. Thanks
    04-03-09 12:14 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD