Ok, I have yahoo email set up so I can receive my yahoo email. However, I am getting my yahoo messages and text messages all under the Icon messages. Is there a way I can have my yahoo email go directly to my yahoo email icon instead. Also, this is driving me crazy but when I get numerous messages I have to delete them one by one. Is there a way I can delete them all at one time?? This BB stuff is really new to me, just got it today.
    09-15-09 06:49 PM
    Ok, I have yahoo email set up so I can receive my yahoo email. However, I am getting my yahoo messages and text messages all under the Icon messages. Is there a way I can have my yahoo email go directly to my yahoo email icon instead. Also, this is driving me crazy but when I get numerous messages I have to delete them one by one. Is there a way I can delete them all at one time?? This BB stuff is really new to me, just got it today.
    Messages>Menu>Options>General>Separate email/SMS

Highlight the date>Menu>Delete Prior

I would highly recommend you read the BB101 Lecture Series (link in my sig). Spend the time to read through this and it will help you become more knowledgeable with BB's and your device specifically. Read all the How Tos/Tips threads. Also check out the How to use SEARCH thread in my sig. This will teach you how to search around here and maximize your results.

Good Luck and Happy Learning!
    09-15-09 07:00 PM
    i am a text message junky
    09-15-09 07:06 PM
    i am a text message junky
    Get lost TROLL!
    09-15-09 07:09 PM
    Ok, I was able to indicate to separate my emails/SMS and I am still getting my emails under the message ICON.
    09-15-09 07:59 PM
    Ok, I was able to indicate to separate my emails/SMS and I am still getting my emails under the message ICON.
    You mean your main messages folder. Email will always go there no matter what. You cannot change that.
    09-15-09 08:10 PM
    Yes I am talking about the ICON that says messages, my email is going there instead of the email accounts I set up. I have a work email account and a yahoo email account set up. My email messages are still going to the message icon after indicating separating sms/email messages. Where will the text messages go now?? I haven't received a text message since making the change so not sure where they go.
    09-15-09 08:14 PM
    Yes I am talking about the ICON that says messages, my email is going there instead of the email accounts I set up. I have a work email account and a yahoo email account set up. My email messages are still going to the message icon after indicating separating sms/email messages. Where will the text messages go now?? I haven't received a text message since making the change so not sure where they go.
    Yes that is the main messages folder where ALL email goes. When you add an email account it will create separate folders for each account you have on your device. Emails will go to each respectable folder (each account you have) and go into the main messages folder. Your SMS/MMS will have its own folder when you select separate in options and should have the folder on your homescreen.
    09-15-09 08:18 PM
    However, none of the emails are going to the two separate email folders but all are going to the main message folder. I guess thats the way its supposed to be but wow, sure is confusing. Still trying to figure out how to delete multiple messages without deleting each one individually.
    09-15-09 08:28 PM
    you can highlight the date in messages ,hit menu, then delete prior and it will delete all prior to the date. Also when a message is highlighted you can hit the delete key for the deletion of the one message. I would go in messages ,menu,options, general options, scroll to email boxes and change to combined then save then change back to separate to see if your inboxes will work.

All messages go to the message folder but if (separate) is selected they should go to messages and there own folder. Also if you delete a message in one folder the bb deletes it in both folders.
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 09-15-09 at 09:32 PM.
    09-15-09 08:59 PM
    So are you saying any email I get from the same day has to be deleted one at a time until I get email from a previous date? Because nowhere under options does it list delete prior.
    09-15-09 09:16 PM
    You can highlight any date you want to. If you highlight the current dats ,hit menu, delete prior all of your messages are gone.

You can also hold alt key and scroll to highlight mesages then hit delete
    09-15-09 09:23 PM
    Hate to be a pain, but there is no delete prior under the options when I go to menu.
    09-15-09 09:26 PM
    in messages, Highlight date, then hit menu, you should see delete prior there.... not under options
    09-15-09 09:34 PM
    if you don't have the delete prior maybe pull battery with device on and it will reset device...
    09-15-09 09:37 PM
    Hey thanks for all your responses, finally figured out what you guys were talking about and that will make my life so much easier. Again, thanks!! Now if I could find some my Virginia Tech fight song to add as a ringtone I will be doing ok.
    09-16-09 05:31 AM
    Hey thanks for all your responses, finally figured out what you guys were talking about and that will make my life so much easier. Again, thanks!! Now if I could find some my Virginia Tech fight song to add as a ringtone I will be doing ok.
    Glad to hear! And you may want to check this out Download free Blackberry RIM Storm 9530 virginia Ringtones for your mobile cell phone - Most Downloaded last week | Zedge

Hopefully one of those is the VT fight song!
    09-16-09 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD