am i missing something or is the 8310 or any blackberry phone incapable of showing what time text messages are actually sent to your phone?? When i turn the phone on in the morning it shows awaiting text messages but also the time i turned the phone on...not the time it was sent...whats up with that nonsense???
    11-30-07 05:06 PM
    you turn your blackberry off??

I havent turned a cell phone off (other than when flying or if the battery accidentally dies) in like five years...

a reset ok... but off?? never... i can't be disconnected from the universe like that....

-db

i like to be in touch...
    11-30-07 05:42 PM
    i like to be in touch also but at night i like to be more in touch with my pillow and drooling on the the pillow till the sunrises,either way this blackberry doesnt give the time that a text is sent,only when its viewed when powered up.i also turn my pager off at night...anyone else have one of those too.....lol..yes i actually still have a pager......
    11-30-07 05:54 PM
    I have the same issue. I just thought is was a glitch in the phone and left it at that. If someone has an answer that would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-07 06:14 PM
    dude---

nobody loves the pillow more than me...

that being said... i turn the ringer off and if i miss a call at least i know when it came in..

if the bb is on it will tel you when it received the text...when its off it only gets it when you power up so it will show that as the time received...

I'm not sure if this is a network feature of at&t or what... I'm trying to think if my texts come time stamped independent of when they are received (ie if the phone is off...) but i dont think so...

just for once try leaving the phone on overnight...turn the ringer off and all so you can get zzz's...

like I said..i simply never turn my phone off...ever...its like not even funny how NEVER off my phone is... (flying etc. notwithstanding...)

-db
    11-30-07 06:17 PM
    this is definately a needed fix,if i leave the phone off i should be able to wake up and see the correct time that a text was sent not when i power up,all these nice apps on here and blackberry cant fix that?? i traded up from my razr and also with other phones and when powered up from charging overnight i never had this problem....navigation,nose scratchers back scratchers all these apps but no correct time for messages......WOW...........
    11-30-07 06:26 PM
    If you go into your messages app and select "view folder" from the menu, then go the "sms inbox", it should list the texts and the times they were received. Sorry for the cumbersome details and run-on sentence but if you absolutely need to know, there you go.
    12-09-07 07:28 PM
    you turn your blackberry off??

I havent turned a cell phone off (other than when flying or if the battery accidentally dies) in like five years...

a reset ok... but off?? never... i can't be disconnected from the universe like that....

-db

i like to be in touch...
    i turn it off every night, are you kidding?
    12-09-07 11:37 PM
    Personally, I have never ever had a phone show me the time I actually had a text sent to me, or gotten a phone call, as opposed to when I turned my phone on. But wow, why is knowing the exact time you got that text so important that you would seem to get that disgusted that it doesn't tell you. Yet not important enough for you to leave your phone on, and on silent where it's almost the same as your phone being off?

12-16-08 05:48 AM
    People actually turn their phones off at night? Shiz, mine is on 'loud' every night.

12-16-08 05:49 AM
    I'm still trying to figure out what a "pager" is.

Bill

12-16-08 11:43 AM
    People actually turn their phones off at night? Shiz, mine is on 'loud' every night.

i dont turn my phone off but i put it on low...no one calls me in the late ours of the night but i do get some texts or maybe a email or 2...lol
    12-16-08 11:53 AM
    The only time I regret having my phone on loud is when I get an email from work at seven am. So I just changed the setting for that email in my loud profile. [:

12-27-08 03:52 AM
    A phone does not actually consider a text message received until it has been saved to your inbox, at that time it will receive a time stamp. That said, when you turn your phone off you're preventing it from receiving text messages until you turn it back on. This isn't a blackberry problem, nor is it a problem at all. Just a little common sense.

12-27-08 04:05 AM
    Haha! But he says his razr did it, if that's the truth why on earth wouldn't his smartphone? Because we all know razrs are pretty crappy. And for people that are on intervention. I smell a lie!

12-27-08 04:11 AM
    I know on verizon if you get a text from another verizon phone it puts a "sent" timestamp on the text. That's the only way you can know if the phone is off.

12-27-08 06:59 AM
    I dunno, kind of redundant if you turn your phone off AND want to see what time it comes in, I mean, if you wanted it, leave the phone on - vibrate, Phone Only, I dunno.

I never shut mine off.
    12-27-08 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD