Any way to get blackberry curve to send alert tone for email and text messages to bluetooth. I am hearing impaired and don't always hear my phone ring or notifiy me when receiving mail or text.
    03-21-09 10:38 PM
    I dont believe there is. However one of the geniuses on here would be better help. I checked options but didnt see anything that would be of help. That would a good feature or app to have if there is one
    03-21-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah - It would be a great feature or app to have - then the phone could be on quite and you can be alerted through bluetooth of texts, email as well as calls without distrubing others.
    03-22-09 10:01 AM
    I think BT is really geared to audio.
    03-22-09 10:12 AM
    Unfortunately, the BT feature only sends a ring signal when the phone rings, or audio in the appropriately enabled headsets (A2DP).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 11:30 AM
    I heard a single tone in my bluetooth when I got a new message. Although it was very low, I'm pretty sure I heard it. Maybe I'm crazy but if u are hearing impaired, the tone is so low u might not even hear it.Don't quote me on this in case I'm wrong. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 07:43 PM
    Just guessing but a lot of the new hearing aids and CI have bluetooth capability so that might be how the OP is able to use it.
    03-22-09 07:55 PM
    If you need, there is an option for when your on the phone and you get a text you can get a sound to let you know.
    03-22-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD