Hello all. Maybe someone can help. I am getting an error message with what seems to be mms or pic messages. When friends send forwards that have graphics or pics (Im assuming here b/c I can't open) I get a message that says "Could not retrieve message content. Try again later". When you try again later it just says "receiving content" but never actually receives the content.

Any ideas??
    05-21-09 09:58 AM
    I would like to know also.. Mine does this as well
    05-21-09 11:18 AM
    In most cases, this is due to either "malformed" content, meaning it gets mangled in the process, or files that are too large. Or, alternatively, it's a format that your Blackberry does not handle (certain phones have proprietary multimedia formats that work only with that model, LG being the most egregious in this area).

You can always ask your senders to forward those messages to your web-based email if they have attachments... just my .02.

:-)
    05-21-09 03:06 PM
    I had this problem... spent a lot of time on the phone with Verizon and then Blackberry engineers! They couldn't figure it out.

After much searching on the internet, I learned that Documents to Go is causing the problem.

Go into applications, disable Documents to Go. And then try MMS.

Been working like a charm for me!

If you need to use Docs2Go, enable it again. Then disable when you are finished.
    05-21-09 04:35 PM
    on the message. click options, than retrieve message
    05-21-09 04:58 PM
    Well neither of those have worked for mine. My provider has not a clue why it all of a sudden stopped working.
    05-25-09 04:57 PM
    Well neither of those have worked for mine. My provider has not a clue why it all of a sudden stopped working.
    None has worked for me either...... I can say that now I can' get my mms now b/c apparently there is a network outage in my area;(

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 05:05 PM
    My husband and I had this same problem. We had to delete things that we did not use and clear the memory, once that was done restart the bb and all worked fine. Good luck.
    05-25-09 06:30 PM
    I was having this same issue with my 8100 on TMobile.

Here is what fixed it for me:

Menu -> Options -> MMS

Set "Automatic Retrieval" to "Always"

No idea why this affected anything as I was in my "Home Network Area" when trying to retrieve the content, however it worked for me so I am not going to worry about why or how.

Hope that helps,

Z
    05-25-09 10:37 PM
    Does anyone have any new information on the Documents to go / mms problem? I tried to follow the advice to disable Docs2go but couldn't figure out how. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-08-09 09:42 AM
    Mine too. I just purchased the Upgrade for documents to go, hoping that after a year since I had this issue the problem would be resolved but nope. Still does the same thing. I can't believe RIM has not fixed this yet. It really pisses me off. Thinking about the droid.
    03-29-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD