I used do it for free on my vx8700 shine but have no clue for the blackberry I'm finally getting my laptop up n runnin and wud to be able to do small simple things on the net can anyone give a run down step by step how to? Much appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 01:10 AM
    Tetherberry works pretty good but there's a fee.

05-29-09 01:12 AM
    Yea I saw a post of how att ppl can get theirs free I don't wanna pay 15 extra dollars maybe in the future but not now :/

05-29-09 01:16 AM
    i have sprint curve and we can tether for free. its great.
    05-29-09 01:47 AM
    Yea I need the settings for the curve or for xp pc to do this stuff free and stick it to the man argh

05-29-09 02:05 AM
    You will run the likely risk of getting a HUGE data bill from Verizon if you tether without the tethering plan with Verizon. Proceed with caution.
    05-29-09 06:17 AM
    There is no way to tehter for free with a BB on VZW. You can risk Tetherberry, but I saw you have seen this option and what could happen.

Is tethering a feature you use all the time or just once in awhile. If it is just once in while, then you can VZW hand have that feature added and remove as needed.
    05-29-09 07:20 AM
    If tether is a 100% must have, use it all the time, buy an aircard, add the extra line to your verizon plan (shouldn't be that much to add a 2nd line) and then get a data plan instead of just paying to tether you BB. That way you get Rev A and the use of your phone when you are on the internet. If you just need to do it occasionally (like how i tether my sprint BB only when i am sitting in an airport and refuse to pay 6 bucks for 2 hours of use) then using your BB might be your best bet.

Btw this line is not an attack but an observation.
    It is really sad that verizon charges its own users data fees if they are accrued via tethering a berry on their network without a tetherplan, but when a sprint user is roaming on verizons network and tether their blackberry via the verizon network they dont get charged anything by either verizon or sprint.
    Last edited by numus; 05-29-09 at 07:44 AM.
    05-29-09 07:42 AM
    Btw this line is not an attack but an observation.It is really sad that verizon charges its own users data fees if they are accrued via tethering a berry on their network without a tetherplan, but when a sprint user is roaming on verizons network and tether their blackberry via the verizon network they dont get charged anything by either verizon or sprint.
    On VZW network, you will not connect with tethering feature.
    05-29-09 07:48 AM
    On VZW network, you will not connect with tethering feature.
    Sorry, didn't know that... Learn something new every day, right?
    05-29-09 07:50 AM
    YEP- a day is not complete unless you learn something new
    05-29-09 08:08 AM
    Yea I just wanna use it for little things if I was gonna stream youtube I'd buy the 15 a month

05-29-09 09:46 PM
    Seriously no one knows how? Not even with bitpim? Att guys know how but vzw ppl?

05-31-09 07:47 PM
    You need to pay for tethering. Simple answer.
    05-31-09 08:34 PM
    ya there are ways with programs like mobishark but ull probably end up getting caught and have a huge data bill which in the long run would of been cheaper just to pay that 15 bucks
    05-31-09 08:56 PM
    ya there are ways with programs like mobishark but ull probably end up getting caught and have a huge data bill which in the long run would of been cheaper just to pay that 15 bucks
    I don't think so. I've been told by Verizon Reps if you have an Unlimited Data plan, than it would be impossible for them to catch you for tethering? What is your thoughts?
    06-01-09 02:42 PM
    Go over to the Verizon section and you will see a thread where a guy got a $3800 data bill from Verizon after using Tetherberry.

They can tell the size and quantity of data being transferred. A computer will access much larger quantities than your BlackBerry. They will definitely be able to tell that you are tethering. Whether or not you get billed is a coin toss.
    06-01-09 04:42 PM
    a ***** could tell if you using your data plan for bb or tethering. because wen you acces sites on your blackberry the sites are much smaller and compressed and if you look at your average data usage is not usually a lot maybe 3gigs where if you use your computer its a lot more and a youtube video alone is probably half a gig so its not hard to tell and then therefore they are gonna monitor your account and bill you for it
    06-02-09 07:12 AM
    True well thnx for all the input

06-10-09 08:14 AM
    Lots of us do and have tether on tmobile and ATT. We watch are rate and dont utube and other big streamers. If your cell has a data plan which all BB do. The internet comes from the same place teether or on the BB. As far as monitoring they dont, unless you use more gigs then normal. The amount you used is what causes the alarm not how big the file is. I can video steam from the BB and its no problem but the laptop will make it easier for me to do.
    personaly I would not use Verizon its old technology the rest of the world Middle East included don't use CDMA or TDMA any more. I travel a good bit bit and the rest of the world other then South America are leaving us in the dust.
    I also have a retired Verzion exc as a friend and he told me this. " Why should we as in Verizon change anything and spend billions when America people are willing to pay us good money as it is."
    Friends of mine in Europe pay about 50 dollar a month for very high speed internet, TV threw streaming fiber optic and telephone service.
    Why so cheap because there are at least 10 or more company you can pick from.
    i
    07-24-09 12:03 PM
    i have sprint curve and we can tether for free. its great.
    That's the very info I've been searching for since getting my first BB Curve on Monday. Thank you!
    07-24-09 01:01 PM
    i think every company can tether for free except verizon and they do monitor and they will bust you on it and they will bill u for it and even reserve the right to drop ur service with them
    07-24-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD