I cannot keep my Curve connected for more than 2 minutes. I am connected but after 2 minutes every gives me a timeout error and will not load. I close the connection and try to re-connect. The phone reconnects but when i try to load a webpage it tells me the page cannot be found.

I contacted TMO support about my issue with tethering my phone as a modem. After going through all the setup instructions and telling them what I have done and giving me the string they give out the tech was NOT able to figure out what was wrong with tethering my phone.

I have tried using DM 4.2 SP2 and DM 4.3. My Curve has 4.2.2.180 OS installed on it as I just got it 2 weeks ago.

Here is the string I was given by T-Mobile support tech.

+cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

At this point I do not know what else to try. I tried installing a modem driver 33600 before and that did not help either. So I am lost at how to keep a connection constant with my Curve. I have the TCP APN set to wap.voicestream.com but i know thats only helpful when i am running opera mini.

So if anyone can help PLEASE!!! This is the only ongoing issue I have with my Curve

My PIN is 243B8EC2
    04-25-08 09:27 PM
    I think I experienced the same issue.. I use my Curve as a modem daily.. then one day it starts giving me that problem out of nowhere! I would always have to do a battery-pull to fix the issue... I noticed that the issue for ME got solved when I updated to the 4.5 OS.. So far it hasn't done that again.
    04-25-08 09:46 PM
    when mine did that i deleted the connection then added it again it was stupid to have to do but it solved my problem
    04-25-08 09:53 PM
    04-25-08 09:54 PM
    thanks for the tips everyone. i am currently trying to upgrade to the 4.2.2.184 OS to see if that helps but before i do that i will try to delete the connection and re-do it..
    04-26-08 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD