My former phone was an HTC Touch Pro over on Sprint, which had a pretty simple registry hack on it to allow tethering for free.

I haven't been able to find anything similar for the Curve on Verizon. I know that there's a $15/mo plan to do it legitimately, and a $50 one-time app (tetherberry) that will also do it. Are these the only options out there?

Also, how safe is tetherberry? My mother-in-law asked me to set this up for her (she saw me tethering on my Touch Pro and thought it was cool), and I'd hate for her to get hit with tons of unexpected charges in a few months.
    09-08-09 06:31 AM
    With TetherBerry on Verizon your gonna get hit with a lot of overage charges on your plan (so the rep told me this morning) you do better to call them and tell them what days you want to tether and pay a dollar a day or pay 30 dollars a month.
    09-26-09 03:04 PM
    There are no free tethering options on Verzion.
    09-26-09 04:05 PM
    What is tethering?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 08:04 PM
    09-27-09 08:36 PM
    I am on Verizon also with the BB Curve. As for tethering you are safer with paying for it. I have talked to many people (friends/verizon techs that are friends/alltel techs that are friends also) they all said the same thing. You can get away with the tetherberry for a couple of months then once they catch it being used they will make the charges on the acct that are insanely priced.
    09-28-09 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD