Hello all,

I just purchased a new BB Curve with Verizon, and I'm happy I found this website!! I had a iPhone with AT&T, and actually paid the termination fee to get out of my contract because AT&T is just horrible in my area. Loved the phone, hated the service!

I plan on tethering my BB to use internet at my house. My question is though, what is better, to tether the phone, or to just get a wireless card? Any speed differences between the two? And if I did tether my phone, does that automatically put a 5gb cap on the phone itself too?

I searched on here, but I couldn't seem to find the answer.
    06-16-09 09:31 AM
    I had a Verizon Wireless card, and got rid of it because it was not faster than tethering.

Don't know if that would be true across the board.
    06-16-09 09:33 AM
    My Card is faster than tethering. Try tethering, if it doesn't meet your needs, seek alternatives.
    06-16-09 09:44 AM
    In my opinon the aircard is better. When you tether anytime you get a phone call you will get bumped off. as well as anytime you need to make a phone call while surfing you will be kicked off.. just my opinion
    06-16-09 09:46 AM
    Yeah tethering is a pain, but you can get away with it for free for the most part. if you use it alot id recommend just buying an aircard if its in your budget, its alot less annoying.
    06-16-09 11:12 AM
    I would use the aircard, depending on the type of internet your gonna have greater dl/ul speeds, then if you wanna game online it'll be much easier with 1. But its gonna depend on what you gonna use it for like just browsing it won't matter 2 much.
    06-16-09 12:21 PM
    Thanks for the reply guys. Much appreciated.

I will be using it for a primary connection, because high speed isn't available in my area. I think I'm gonna go with the VZW MiFi.

I do wanna game online, but I woulda thought that online gaming with my PS3 would use a big chunk of bandwith and would eat the 5gig pretty quickly. Maybe I'm wrong?
    Last edited by nyguy4u; 06-16-09 at 12:40 PM.
    06-16-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD