Still not sure if I like my Curve or not. I'm new with a smartphone and I also changed carriers. I had Verizon, just basic phone service, NEVER a problem. Now I'm with sprint, I've taken my Curve in for an exchange. Screen kept freezin, Sprint Music wouldn't play, kept sending error code, Techs didn't know
    what to do with it. I can't even get a steady stream of TV or music, it may be my coverage/location. Am I expecting too much? Hope things will get better, any suggestions?
    04-07-09 11:52 PM
    Don't test the waters! Water will further damage your berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 12:29 AM
    Lol Cixdk...

Paula, does your BB indicate 1xev or 1XEV when you are having problems?

04-08-09 12:37 AM
    And how large is your remaining memory? (Options -> Status) Should always be 14 MB or higher.

04-08-09 12:55 AM
    Or hold alt+shift(lower left corner of keypad), and press H , see how much free space there is. Make sure you're closing apps when your done.

04-08-09 12:58 AM
    Agree with previos poster, what EVDO mode are you having problems with?

Also

Browser Options(open browser then bb button_options)
    Browser config
    Disable java
    Prompt for java script
    Type: Internet browser
    Options
    MobileNetwork
    Dataservices_On
    Network selection mode_Auto
    (Allows data while roaming)

I had problems and changed some settings and now much better. Also if EV1X bounces to 1X often or is glitchy then above try set
    Network selection mode_Home Only

Also activate the memory cleaner.

These phones are very technical. I was frustrated at first then I got educated on them. If you don't like that or all the feedback prompts you may want to disable the firewall or get an iphone. I was there myself a few weeks ago. Hope this helps.

04-08-09 01:18 AM
    I never noticed if it was 1xev or 1XEV, I need to read more I'm not even sure what this is ?? And, this is a new device I have not dl any extra apps, however, I did delete a couple that were already on it. I check my remaining memory as someone said above and it says.....45909208 bytes remaining.
    ps I am at the same location, I coulda swore my phone said 1X a minute ago and now it says 1XEV ??
    04-08-09 11:52 AM
    My signal strength states -100 dBm. Is this why I'm always getting a choppy signal with Radio, TV and callers voices cutting out?
    04-08-09 11:58 AM
    i thought that I read somewhere if the signal is that high it is struggling to connect and isnt working as well as it should be... only repeating what I have read
    04-08-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD